Skip to content

Yeah, so, I am watching this..,

Comments

• Bridge on River Kwai 4K... who knew the Japanese colnel had a 1943 Ohio pinup calendar...
  • edited July 2018
    Charlie said:
    Bridge on River Kwai 4K... who knew the Japanese colnel had a 1943 Ohio pinup calendar...
    Great movie! Love the Holden turn-around at the end. 
  • First time in 30(!) years, Heathers - forgot every single plot detail. #5 all-time high school flick:

• Far out...it's been ages since I saw that!  I can't even remember what happens!
    Will have to rewatch

• Who wants to go?

• Who wants to go?
    :o Someone buy my plane ticket and I am there!
  • Finished watching the ~20 hour Ken Burns Vietnam Documentary.  Beautifully done and it was captivating vs. those box sets I have bought in the past. “Vietnam in Color” or something... 
  • Ves's upcoming excursion to see Rita reminded me of our local Hawkins movie theater features Tuesday Night Classics. So we're all off tonight to see on the big screen, the big "fish"! 

Ive never seen it in a theater before so, here goes! 

• Oh wow...actually now I am trying to remember if we've ever gone to the cinema to see it on the big screen.
    Will have to keep an eye out!

Enjoy!
  • They did that here in Houston for Goonies - I took my daughter and we had a blast.
  • HONDO said:
     Goldstone has Aaron Pedersen   playing the same character Jay Swan as he did in the film Mystery Road from 2013. Goldstone is a much finer crafted film than Mystery Road so if you have viewed Mystery Road and enjoyed it you are in for a real treat with Goldstone.
    Finally got to watch Goldstone.
    Exceptional.  Gawd I love these kinds of movies.  Pederson was brilliant, Wenham never disappoints.

The Rover is on in a little bit...not sure Ill make it though.
  • HONDO said:
     Goldstone has Aaron Pedersen   playing the same character Jay Swan as he did in the film Mystery Road from 2013. Goldstone is a much finer crafted film than Mystery Road so if you have viewed Mystery Road and enjoyed it you are in for a real treat with Goldstone.
    Finally got to watch Goldstone.
    Exceptional.  Gawd I love these kinds of movies.  Pederson was brilliant, Wenham never disappoints.

The Rover is on in a little bit...not sure Ill make it though.
    I am pleased you liked it. Aaron Pedersen  is certainly magnetic on screen. Hopefully you have recently watched him in the ABC six part series of Mystery Road - The series ( 2018 ). He is brilliant and so is Judy Davi,s who is ever so good in her role. The supporting cast are all excellent as well. This series is highly recommended.

• Is Mystery Road 2018 series a continuation of the 2013 mystery road film ? 
  • Sven said:
    Is Mystery Road 2018 series a continuation of the 2013 mystery road film ? 
    The series has been adapted from two different Australian films, 2013's Mystery Road and 2016's Goldstone with Detective Jay Swan's character continuing to be played by Aaron Pederson and the story set years later with a new plot.

• Thanks! I do like a story set in the aussie outback so will give.it ago.
  • Sven said:
    Thanks! I do like a story set in the aussie outback so will give.it ago.
    So then, I am assuming you have seen Wake in Fright?

• Hell Drivers for the first time...wasn't too sure what I was in for, never seen it before.
    Loved it!  Sucks you in from the very start.  Exceptionally well cast, story is wonderful...
    Now Paul needs to help me find the QUAD for a reasonable price

• Sven said:
    Nope, will.have to add that one too!
  • Sven said:
    Sven said:
    Nope, will.have to add that one too!
    Oh definately!  You are missing out.  Not an easy watch, but a fantastic film...
  • Hotel Transylvania 3 with my oldest munchkin at the cinema.
    She had a ball!

Hubby and I saw Ant-man and the Wasp last night.
    Lots of fun, but not as good as the original...

• Today's double bill (crappy weather outside). Both pulled from a bargain bin yesterday, sadly neither blue ray, but for $4NZD a piece couldn't say no!

I'm guessing the newly release Ice Cold shouldn't have been in there, but their loss my gain etc. :)

• Have seen neither, but have always heard good things about In Which, and only recently heard about, Ice Cold. Will have to watch later first. 
  • edited July 2018
    Have seen neither, but have always heard good things about In Which, and only recently heard about, Ice Cold. Will have to watch later first. 
    You won't be disappointed mate, British wartime themed cinema at its very best. Also no doubt helped by the fact that the vast majority if not all the major actors had recently served in the forces.
  • Feeling a bit introspective....plus Simon & Garfunkel were music gods in the 60s!

• Everytime this film in on the telly...hubby stops what he is doing and watches.

• edited August 2018
    The mrs is working late, so time to crank up the surround sound... this should be enough of a clue... 

• Hmmmm....Cabaret?  =)

• Mildred Pierce. First "old" movie I ever saw. It's a wonderful story. 

* just googled Bruce Bennett and found out he was an early an early Tarzan in 1931-he went my Herman Brix!
  • Hmmmm....Cabaret?  =)

Ha!! Close my friend.. well they both involve Nazi's!