Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Is There Someone Who Will Both Linen Back And Frame Posters ?

Lonely_HunterLonely_Hunter Member Posts: 5 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
I was looking for someone who would both linen back and frame my posters, then send them back to me with both jobs completed.
Please inform...Thanks !!

Comments

• MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,147 admin
    That's a tuff question. Where are you located?
  • Lonely_HunterLonely_Hunter Member Posts: 5 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    I'm in Vermont (USA). I was just looking around the web, and it looks like Sue Heim from HollywoodPosterFrames.com will accept your posters, and send them out to a reputable restoration facility, then they get sent back to her for framing...then she sends them to me. That's all I've found so far that will BOTH linen back and frame your posters.
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    IF Sue is still in business I would go with her
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Sue is the only one that I know of who offers this facility for collectors.
    Well, the only thing is the fact that she "sends them out" to be linen backed. So she, herself, is not an expert on linen backing, but more of a framing expert.

What about Dave Lieberman at CineMasterpieces in Arizona ?...His site says he will basically do the same thing as Sue's (linen back AND frame, then send my posters back to me).

Now, is it possible that they are both "sending out" posters to the same linen-backer ?
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 639 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited July 7
    I have purchased frames from Sue in the last 3 months. She closed her shop in L.A., but opened again in Bellingham WA.  She had no problems adjusting sizes to accomodate an oversized  LB half sheet.  Her work is always first rate.

In the past, I have sent her linen backed posters for framing and also bought items she has had linen backed.  Always top quality there.

Nothing against Dave, I just don't have any history with him.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Why not just source your own backer and framer separately?
    Whomever you go with I suspect will not offer both services.
    To the best of my knowledge, Lieberman neither backs or frames, so he will be sending them "out" twice.
    At least Sue does the framing.  Why not ask Sue whom she uses?
    edited July 7
    jayn_j said:
    I have purchased frames from Sue in the last 3 months.

In the past, I have sent her linen backed posters for framing and also bought items she has had linen backed.  Always top quality there.
    Dude, you say you have "bought items she has had linen backed"...Does this mean she is a poster dealer too, cause I don't see anything for sale on her site except frames...just curious !!
    Post edited by Lonely_Hunter on
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,105 admin

My two cents.

I'm would guess they both provide quality linenbacking. Prices it would seem, or so I've read will be higher with Cinemasterpieces. I live in Arizona, near Scottsdale, and wouldn't use them for any framing or linenbacking.

I've linenbacked two one sheet posters, sent them up to Sue, at Hollywood Posters, she fitted & framed the posters with non-glare plexi, and then shipped them (FedEx) to a relative in California. I couldn't have been happier with the price or service! She communicates quickly and there are no hidden costs. She's been in the business a long time. I've never used her linenbacking services, but I would bet it's a fairly good deal as well. Cost of linenbacking is typically dependent on the amount of restoration.

Best of luck and feel free to post pictures or ask more questions.

• jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 639 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    jayn_j said:
    I have purchased frames from Sue in the last 3 months.

Dude, you say you have "bought items she has had linen backed"...Does this mean she is a poster dealer too, cause I don't see anything for sale on her site except frames...just curious !!
    Sue always had posters in her shop when she was down in L.A.  She recently wrote on MOPO that she was starting to thin down her personal collection on eBay.  Her sales site is 
    https://www.ebay.com/str/suesmovieposters
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    Thanks for all of your feedback guys...I have talked with Sue, and she is gonna do the job for me.