Skip to content

August 2018

I almost posted in the July thread!  Need that first coffee.

Nothing earth shattering but a few interesting ones (for me anywho).

Knocked off a couple of daybills I've been after and added some other perty ones:

City Beneath the Sea - Australian Daybill - MATT I shall be enlisting your services again re this snipe...be prepared :)

I have the one sheet, the 3 sheet and now the daybill (yes I have issues - Mel/Rick can I join your club???)

Wild Geese Calling Australian Daybill

Um'd and ah'd for way too long...bit the bullet.  I am surprised no one else pounced on it while I was procrastinating

Bright Leaf Australian Daybill

Image may contain 3 people hat and text

On the wants for AGES (I don't know why) but never prepared to pay the asking price.  Finally got it for a price I can live with :)

Revenge of Frankenstein Daybill

Image may contain 1 person

I mean it's self explanatory right...why WOULDN'T you want to add it to your collection!

Scared Stiff RR daybill

No automatic alt text available

A recent acquisition post from me wouldn't be right without additions to the aussie cinema sub-collection:

First bit of paper on this one:

Dangerous Game Argentine One Sheet

Image may contain 1 person

Piano RR Quad

I mean really?  Someone felt the need to remake it???  REALLY!  And I didn't even know it existed till I got the one sheet!  

Storm Boy One Sheet

Image may contain 1 person text and outdoor

There is a proper one sheet out there for this one...help me finds it peoples!

Occupation One Sheet

Image may contain one or more people and indoor

Really want to see this one.  I seem to be coincidentally amassing a new subcollection.  Posters for films about art!  Funny how things you enjoy find there way into other aspects of your life...When I have more time, I'll pull them all together and post.  

Hitler Versus Picasso One Sheet

No automatic alt text available

My Deadpool poster collection is almost complete.  Late comer to it so a couple of variants from the first film to go.  I quite like this one.
Will go up in the theatre room along with the Indy one for THX which should be lurking in the mass of one sheet SOMEWHERE!

Deadpool 2 DOBLY One Sheet

Image may contain 8 people people smiling

I dunno, it just grabbed me.

American Animals One Sheet

Image may contain one or more people and text

There...that should shake you out of this daybill obession you all have.  I mean really.  What is wrong with you people ;)

Comments

• Nice stuff Ves - congrats all around!
  • I didn't know they remade Storm Boy either. I'll have to see that!

Great selection Ves. Those modern one sheets are quite creative. I like'm

Yep, I'll get that snipe off. :)

• Very nice, Ves! Daybills! & Quad is really neat!
  • Great daybills, Ves! 
  • Great and varied mix Ves. And there was me thinking that the Piano was an all Kiwi (with a bit of French) affair.
  • Some great  all rounders in their Ves! Nice!
  • What an excellent start to the month..
  • Those are great,Ves.  Always something about Aussie paper.
  • We blind you with colour so you ignore the sometimes crap representations! :)
  • It's definitely tough to follow that batch of greatness, but here's the latest for me. Another morally flexible femme, this one in 3 sheet form. 

on the loose 3 sheet
    :):)
  • Great 3 sheet Rock. 
  • Smokin......
  • edited August 2018
    Always hunting for thrills Rock! Thats a beauty!
  • Now that's a lotta woman!!! Like it!  B)
  • Yep that's a big beauty - congrats!
  • Kinda tooo excited to wait for it to arrive.  Spent way too much at heritage last weekend:

First release half sheet

• Oh that is GORGEOUS!  Just gorgeous.

Congrats Jay.  I can feel your excitement in your post :)
  • Holy WOW, Batman!!
  • Its a beauty Jay! Well spent ! You will enjoy! 
  • Excellent addition to your collection Jay. Nothing for a while now?
  • jayn_j said:
    Kinda tooo excited to wait for it to arrive.  Spent way too much at heritage last weekend:

First release half sheet

Good Heavens!!! That is spectacular!!! Now that is a fine piece of Disney that will look cool framed and on display!!!
  • Fantastic condition, such bright/sharp images of the dwarfs!! (the PC word for dwarfs eludes me  :s )
  • Image may contain 2 people

Image may contain 7 people people smiling

Image may contain one or more people and people standing

Some new daybills and a US one-sheet from a cool 80s comedy horror

• All Quiet on the Western Front is nice Rick, should post it in Lawrence's thread.
  • The Boy Friend design and colour are great. The Unknown Terror daybill has always amused me as it is a horror film with a ''For general exhibition'' rating appearing on it. Were the more serious moments edited out for censorship reasons ? This film was made by Regal films and released by 20th Century Fox and originally released on a double bill in the U.S.A. with another Regal film titled Back From The Dead, which was banned in Australia. Work this one out then. Two horror films made by the same company has one passed with a '' For general exhibition'' rating yet the companion piece is banned in Australia.
  • @Rick

That Yearling is off the charts cool! Love it! :plus_one:
  • Loverly as always.
  • edited August 2018
    I remember Night of the Creeps.  Deliciously bad.

Agree on The Boyfriend.  Good art.
  • Piano RR Quad

I mean really?  Someone felt the need to remake it???  REALLY!  And I didn't even know it existed till I got the one sheet!  

American Animals One Sheet

Image may contain one or more people and text

There...that should shake you out of this daybill obession you all have.  I mean really.  What is wrong with you people ;)

Great stuffz!
  • edited August 2018
    Tiger Woman (stock photo) (1945 US 1S):

Sold by Wein on US Ebay. He(?) very oddly does not mention this on Ebay but he is selling the unused ginormous stock of US MPs from the Theater Poster Exchange in Memphis Tennessee, which never closed, unlike all 30 NSS Exchanges:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_dmd=2&_ssn=weln&_sop=1

Wein photo - unused after 73 years!