Skip to content

Unknown horror film!

Hey gang!

I like to dabble with collecting Mexican lobby cards and I've recently picked up a few for a film I'm struggling to identify. I know that the Mexican film distributors were often pretty loose with what images they used for their border art, but they normally at least use stills from the films.

In this case, the border art is somewhat similar to 'Who Can Kill a Child? / Island of the Damned' and at least three of the lobby cards (as far as I can tell) show images from clearly different films:

'Silent Night, Bloody Night' (1972)

'Snapshot' (1979)

'Alice, Sweet Alice' (1976)

I'm hoping someone can recognise the following images:

FYI - Both 'Snapshot' and 'Silent Night, Bloody Night' were released in Mexico - I have some Mexican lobby cards for both films.

Comments

• Sorry no idea. If any or all of the three scenes come from Mexican films you may be in trouble.
  • I can only assume that it's some sort of 'horror clip show' style of movie c. 1980.
  • 1st and 3rd unidentified ones look like same movie...guys face appears to be the same one???
  • They do somewhat - it's frustrating!
  • I asked on another forum for pic 1 and it's from Joe D'Amato's Death Smiles on a Murderer. Check it out if the rest are from it, too.
  • Thank you!! I'll have to do some more digging!

With that making it 4 movies across 4 cards, I continue to wonder what is the commonality between them that they all ended up on one series of cards? 
  • edited August 2018

Death Smiles On a Murderer.