Skip to content

Jack Nicholson The Cry Baby Killer ( 1958 )

edited August 2015 in Posters by Actors
I can find no evidence that Jack Nicholson's first film The Cry Baby Killer ( 1958 ) was every released in  Australia looking at various sources I have at hand. Roger Corman was an executive producer and the film was released in the U.S.A. by Allied Artists. For some reason I believe the film was released in Australia in the early 1960s by Paramount Pictures. I would like to know I am not just dreaming the film was released in Australia and I would love some proof that it was in any shape of form. Posters or newspaper  advertising in any shape or form would be great.

Comments

• At long last I have been able to track down that Cry Baby Killer was indeed released theatrically in Australia. The film had a screening in country N.S.W. at Bourke in 1963. I also believe that the film was released in Newcastle N.S.W.in the early 1960's as well. Jack Nicholson's first film role playing the title character, and no sign of any Australian Paramount produced posters of any description.This must make this a very rare and sought after title.
  • Hi Lawrence - excellent research, job well done again!!! To nip it in the bud...the daybill (not mine)

• OH!  Make it yours so we can make it mine!
  • Thanks Sven for your comments and the image which has always eluded me. For a Robert Burton design it certainly is a striking looking daybill in its appearance.