Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Message to today's idiot Ebayer

DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,230 admin
edited September 6 in eBay Scallywags
I've credited it. Next time, read the description
- if the seller's store is called Vintage Movie Posters
- and if the picture of the goods you are buying shows a movie poster
- and the description of the item you are buying says "For Sale: An original US 1 Sheet movie poster for the movie...."

then chances are, it's a movie poster you've just bought not the DVD!

David

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    This drives me nuts.  Especially when the description says ROLLED or FOLDED right.
    If they don't notice anything else, do they not think HMMMM How do you get a rolled or folded DVD???
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,230 admin
    Yup...the description also said:

Condition: Very Good – Fine; Folded

David
  • JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    I get these occasionally. 

I think that ebay contributes to the problem. The buyer searches for DVD's and the search comes up with all sorts of unrelated options. The other contributing factor is when people use a mobile phone to search and bid. The ebay site is not that easy to navigate on a phone and I guess people sometimes just make mistakes.

Having said that, I cant understand why a buyer would just go ahead and purchase what they think is a video or a DVD without first checking to see if there is a region code and what sort of DVD it supposedly is. If they did that basic check they would realise it is a poster.

John