Skip to content

December 2018

A few new arrivals! 

Comments

• Nice ones Sven!
  • Nice DB’s Sven! Really diggin 4-D Man and that Payroll! 
  • Yep, very nice group. Well done! It looks like Paul Newman is getting a little handsy on The Long Hot Summer.  ;)
  • Nice DB’s Sven! Really diggin 4-D Man and that Payroll! 
    Agree with Mark. Those two are awesome! 
  • Thx boys!
  • Jules Verne is always a winner in my books.
  • A little more than a week in, and I hope everyone's December is going well.  :) Very much a mixed bag for me so far this month. 

I just happened across this poster on ebay. The draw for me was the gal in the middle with the cigarette hanging from her mouth, which is kind of the hallmark of wimmins with questionable morals on movie posters. It was fairly cheap (20 bucks plus shipping), and only had 1 low res photo in the listing (which is the pic below), so I rolled the dice. This one kinda fell into the "you get what you pay for" category, as it's displayable, but rough. Live and learn on this one and the next one as well.

deported 1 sheet

This one isn't really for it's art as much as being 50's ne'er-do-well ladies. The listing described it's flaws, one of which was "fragile", but I was hoping for the best. As it turns out, it's every bit as fragile as any pre-60's Mexican poster you'll come across. It really needs conservation, as it's too fragile to just put in a 1 sheet frame and call it good, and I'm not sure about putting document repair tape on it either. I think it'll just sit in the flat file until I can figure out what to do with it. Anyhow, here's the front and back of this one:

gun girls 1 sheet
    gun girls 1 sheet back

Carrying on, these 2 half sheets were cheap for the titles (about 12 bucks each), so the condition issues are not a huge deal. I think I can mat a lot of the distraction (besides the fold lines) away. I scored frames for these yesterday for $6 apiece and picked up matting as well, so they'll be in the recent hangings thread soon. Sorry for the blurry photos. Until I get myself a magnetic whiteboard to help take pics of posters, I rely on sellers crappy pics:

on the loose half sheet

she devil half sheet

And lastly for now, these are in tough shape as well, but like the others, they were cheap for the title ($3.75 per card + free shipping) and I think I can mat a lot of their problems away. I don't have any paper for this title yet, so I'm happy. I'll frame all 4 together and see what it looks like.

speed crazy lobbies

B)  B)
  • Thats a nice haul of early christmas goodies for you Rock !!
    Liking them all!!
  • Right you are Sven! That’s some great pre-Christmas paper! This one sheets are tops, Rock! 
  • Never seen Gun Girls before, oh I like that!
  • Anyone else wonder what key words Rock types into online searches?  =)
  • Merry fricken Christmas! Thats some present.
    Its a beauty Craig and i love its unrestored natural look. 
  • edited December 2018
    It goes so well with your tattoo :)

The restored one will be posted up here in a week or so  B)
  • Surprised the NZ censor didn't delete the unintentional boob grab  =)
  • Egads, that's fifty shades of awesome! Wow!!  :o
  • Awesome, here are a couple for me.

Image may contain 3 people people smiling text

Image may contain 6 people
  • Very nice, Rick!!
  • edited December 2018

Great Women's Prison original 1955 Australian first release daybill Rick. Rare and it is the first time that I have seen one. The below duotone  late 1950's second printing Chromoprint version below have been seen around a lor for many years though.

• sweet score Rick!
  • Some more Elvis only another 8 to complete the collection 

• Shite Craig, gotta get myself to Adelaide 
  • Kong rules. Always.
  • Very nice Craig!
  • Great pickups all, really nice King Creole Craig and Some Like It Hot Rick. 
  • Kong is fantastic!!!

Elvis Daybills Rock! Very nice!!
  • Some new arrivals in the last couple of weeks.
  • King Creole is a great movie and a great poster
  • Luv that Mag 7 Ryan!
  • edited December 2018

Yes Ryan The Magnificent Seven poster is fabulous, with some of the best artwork produced for this film that I have seen.