Skip to content

Yeah, so, I am watching this..,

Comments

• Sven said:
    Escape fron Alcatraz..on tv now !
    Classic! Nice Sven!!!
    Everything staring Clint is a classic (with the exception of space cowboys) :) 
    Honkytonk Man and Bronco Billy. Urgh...never liked....

• I am looking forward to seeing this new documentary film Spitfire on the big screen when it opens theatrically in Australia shortly.
  • HONDO said:

I am looking forward to seeing this new documentary film Spitfire on the big screen when it opens theatrically in Australia shortly.
    Opened in NZ a short while ago (1st Oct), bloody good documentary with some great footage. I'm sure you'll enjoy it Lawrence. 

From watching Ryan Gossing (as Neil Armstrong) in a reclining Lazy Boy chair last week (at the new Christchurch EntX mega theatre). I've got A Star Is Born lined up for my other halfs birthday this weekend then Journeys End and Bohemian Rhapsody lined up for November.
  • HONDO said:

I am looking forward to seeing this new documentary film Spitfire on the big screen when it opens theatrically in Australia shortly.
    Opened in NZ a short while ago (1st Oct), bloody good documentary with some great footage. I'm sure you'll enjoy it Lawrence. 

From watching Ryan Gossing (as Neil Armstrong) in a reclining Lazy Boy chair last week (at the new Christchurch EntX mega theatre). I've got A Star Is Born lined up for my other halfs birthday this weekend then Journeys End and Bohemian Rhapsody lined up for November.
    I am sure I will enjoy it Wil. Unusual I would have thought that New Zealand obtained a theatrical release well in advance of Australia. The distributor being a smaller independent one most likely had something to do with it. A Star Is Born is most likely next film to see for me as well. Terrific reviews all round for it. I have been patiently waiting for Journey's End to open here. Bohemian Rhapsody looks good also and Rami Malek who plays Freddy Mercury blew me away with his performance in the WW2 mini series The Pacific, back in 2010.

• Agree, although there is a lot of hype over his performance in Mr Robot (which I've never seen), his portrayal of PFC 'Snafu' was brilliant and aside from his physical similarities with Freddy, I'm hoping his vocal performance catapults him onto greater things as he genuinely appears to be a very talented actor. 

• A Star Is Born I thoroughly enjoyed recently and I am really looking forward to the new Peter Jackson World War One documentary They Shall Not Grow Old opening shorty in Australia.
  • edited November 2018
    Christine in 4K.

You can never have enough chrome!

Image result for christine
  • and an even better book! good flick!
  • Just watched Fortress (2012). A B grade film made in the studios. Laughable yet it kinda reminded me of classics of the past that had no better special effects of that era. Video quality at best. 

Predictable, some scenes looked like a video game.

Gave you one perspective.....life wasn't easy back then. 
  • edited November 2018
    Just saw A Star is Born. Pretty damn good. Cooper & Gaga were great....

• Just saw A Star is Born. Pretty damn good. Cooper & Gag were great....

Watched this followed by Bohemian Rhapsody, completely different, but both are without a doubt Oscar worthy films!
  • edited November 2018

• I remember as a kid, hearing Evergreen and the other songs to the ‘76 Star is Born. Haven’t seen the 30’s or Garland versions....thanks....
  • Watching Bodyguard, solid British single season series on Netflix.

Binge watching three at a time.

series title on a black background

• Just started watching the first screened episode of a new ten part documentary television series titled The Directors on pay television. This episode covered the career of Alfred Hitchcock and it was interesting enough. Although he has been covered extensively before it held the interest. Billy Wlider and Fritz Lang to follow soon.I particually look fiorward to the Fritz Lang programme and a later Akira Kurasawa episode. Fleetingly shown on the programme were some posters for some of his silent films where no film footage was apparently available. I am fairly sure that selected parts of both of John's posters of Champagne and The Ring appeared on the sections that covered these titles..

• Red Sparrow (2018)

I spent the first hour waiting for it to be interesting, I spent the next hour asleep only to wake find there was still 20 minutes to go...

Image result for red sparrow

• ....yet it only took 5 minutes to design the poster.
  • But that one scene...  
  • That was in the first hour, and proving I am indeed a sad specimen, I thought of you...
  • So ive started my xmas run of movies..

So far ive done

Scrooged with Bill Murray ( not seen in a long time so was refreshing and funny)

Its a wonderful life

And next weekend 
    Elf
    Die Hard

That will do me ! 

What have you got lined up ?
  • I watched the new Netflix Mowgli.  It was great and I would highly recommend it.  Plus Frida Pinto is in too speaking Hindi - hot...
  • Nice lineup Sven. We just finished our first family viewing of Christmas Vacation. We’ll hit 
    -Scrooged as well
    -White Christmas
    -Love Actually (wife request)
    -Wonderful Life
    -and many more
    but Die Hard is so much fun! A “classic” of sorts!  :)

Mowgli looks good and will likely watch that as well!

•                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Das Boot ( 2018 ) German 8 part miniseries with English subtitles. ''The series is set in 1942 - nine months after the action in Das Boot ( 1981)''. -IMDB. I recorded the first two parts last night and am looking forward to viewing them. As there are two episoses again next week, I most likely will wait until I have all of the 8 recorded and then watch them all over a few nights.
  • HONDO said:

Das Boot ( 2018 ) German 8 part miniseries with English subtitles. ''The series is set in 1942 - nine months after the action in Das Boot ( 1981)''. -IMDB. I recorded the first two parts last night and am looking forward to viewing them. As there are two episodes again next week, I most likely will wait until I have all of the 8 recorded and then watch them all over a few nights.
    Binged watched all 8 episodes last night on New Zealands TVNZ On Demand :) Loved it, a great was drama, with a second series now confirmed.
  • Watched Bird Box on Netflix - the Sandra Bullock Movie. It was good as I didn’t figure it until the end. Still it was two hours of drama with a 5 minute happy ending.  It was too abrupt.

Also, picked up Venom. I was happy with it but the Riz Ahmed was a terrible choice for Carlton Drake...  He doesn’t even come across as confident enough to be an eccentric godzillionaire.
  • How many of thought Arnold was going to pop out of the pod at the end of the new Predator?
  • Mission Impossible Fallout is pretty spectacular...  Rebecca Ferguson is so beautiful - every time she came on the screen my brain would whisper “she is just gorgeous!”  I even made a comment out loud and my wife caught me, then agreed with me, and didn’t even give me the evil eye.

:o 
  • Love fallout! It was one of those movies i enjoyed so much i fogot about the outside world and all its problems. 
  • I recently saw bumblebee transformer movie. More family friendly than the others..its set in the 1980s..so cool...a few good laughs too..
  • Watching We Dive at Dawn for the umpteenth time. No good DVD's have come out or look like coming out soon. Just regurgitated Hollywood movies made on PC. 

Do actors act anymore? 

Besides when they receive an Oscar......