Skip to content

April 2019

2»

Comments

• Sorry for the delayed response, guys, but thanks for the thumbs up.  :)
  • Variety View FTW!
  • Thanks, Matias! I always appreciate the approval of South America's awesomest poster ambassador and resident ladykiller (figuratively, not literally).  :)

Winding down the April acquisitions, this is probably going to be my last hurrah. I have my eye on an ebay BIN, but I'm on the fence about it condition wise. We'll see how that shakes out. With regards to today's goodies, there's only two. One to add to the THREEEEE DEEEEE collection, and a condition challenged one to add to the wimmin your mom might not approve of collection:

bwana devil insert

hard fast and beautiful insert

B)  B)
  • some new titles,
    Image may contain 2 people

Image may contain text

Image may contain 1 person

Image may contain 8 people

Image may contain 6 people people smiling

• Holy wow, Rick! Another great haul! Well done!

• Great titles Rick.

Some information you may be interested in knowing about regarding two of the films which are extremely rare. I had previously managed to locate, after going a bit of digging, the following, which is an edited version  of some information that I had earlier compiled and forwarded on to another party.

Steel Saga ( 1960 ). Credited from one source  that I found as running 29 minutes in length .The printer appearing on the actual daybill is Advertising And Commercial ( A. & C. ) who only printed Australian daybills 1960 -1962. How soon this uncommercial type film obtained a release date in uncertain. Located on another sight confirming the year made being was 1960.

The Courageous Captain Cook ( 1970 ).  Little is known regarding this film. I have located though from two sources that the film is credited as being from 1970. The film was directed by the famous American documentary film maker James A. FitzPatrick in the twilight of his documetary film making career..  

• Congrats Rick 
  • Sweet paper Rick, especially liking House of the Damned
  • thanks all, especially Lawrence for the info

• edited May 2019
    I mean, could you think of anything more appropriate for me!  Will go swimmingly with my daybill!  :p

The Clown - Australian One Sheet

• That's one not scary clown...

• Lovely Ves. Well done!
  • Great image! Nice one, Ves!
  • Nice one Ves!
  • Nice Ves!