Skip to content

Anyone know how to remove Ink / Paint / Texta?

Hi, Would anyone know how to remove ink / paint / texta? [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O<

Comments

• Have it linenbacked. It will most likely come off in the wash.
  • I have a copy linenbacked as well but I have another 3 but in different conditions.
  • Generally, most paint, crayon and pencil can be removed. Most ink and marker can't be removed, only painted over.

Why? Because whatever would remove the ink or marker would also remove the regular printing!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Hi Robbie,

Hard to tell, but from were I am sitting it looks like glossy paper??

Take a Q-tip, a bit of water on it and give it a light rub and see if anything moves.

Sometimes if it is glossy and felt pen it hasen't penetrated the paper fully and it could come off easy.

So give it a shoot and let us know.

Best,
    dario.
  • Hi Dario, Thank you for the tip and ill give it a go, Also did you get my email in regards to an Australian Daybill War Of The Worlds? Robbie
  • I did and I replied.

My e mail been a bit funky lately.

I'll re send it.

See if you get it.

best,
    dario.
  • ok< just re sent it!

• ok< just re sent it!
    Still haven't received no email Dario

Robbie
  • Hmmm? that is strange? Could it have ended up in your spam folder? Your Hotmail full?

Not that I know what is going on?

I'll message it here.

dario.
  • Must be in spam or the address was wrong. 

White list Dario's adddy
  • Robbie must have one of those WotW daybills with the pesky marker/pen on the back showing through

That or the ratings snipe...

And yes I am jealous either way :)
  • No texta, just need a restoration job done. Its The Planet Of The Apes daybill where they blacked out :(
  • They blacked out your Planet of the Apes daybill with a War of the Worlds Daybill?
  • Robbie said:
    No texta, just need a restoration job done. Its The Planet Of The Apes daybill where they blacked out :(
    Oh that should be no problem for Super Dario
  • Anybody know of any methods to remove pen ink? I have some white posters with writing on the back. I thought bleaching might do the trick, but it didnt. Any other ideas, or are these things permanent?
  • edited November 2014

OR

OR

Try acetone (nail polish remover) - dab it with a cotton pad or similar. Test it out on something else first.

OR

Ask/Send it to Dario.
  • Alcohol and a vacuum table.
  • Sounds like it's not worth the trouble. Note to self. Don't buy anything with pen ink on it.
  • edited November 2014

racer59 said:
    Note to self. Don't buy anything with pen ink on it.
    I wouldn't say that...

• Hi im new here but like many others i have a classic poster defaced by some ink-joker over time. Take a look and tell me if theres something i can do to remove "Derek"!
    yours hopefully
  • You can get it off but you will have to touch up the spots...