Skip to content

Where's Wally - Where in the World are You?

edited July 2014 in Welcome
Place a pin on the map where you are in the world with a brief description, members only can see this. When you're done, let us know back here.

Click Your Profile Name or Profile Picture and read the instructions - any problems ask here

Comments

• Working now I think.
  • edited July 2014
    hahaha...very good.

Next we need to learn how to embed it here and we're good to go.

Works much better the more markers we add...
  • The first time, the link didn't have a marker to place but now it does. Should be fun!
  • The weather forum I occasionally have a chat on had it imbedded but it's gone now. It showed how much rain you had that month and the year total.
  • Not sure how to comment to that... :-B
  • Sorry mate....bit technical for you? :P
  • edited July 2014
    Shhh..You want technical, I am only a couple of hours away from f*cking with our Northern Hemisphere members and post Saturday's 'Today of the Week' Poster...and it will be on Friday for them, that'll confuse 'em
  • David said:
    Shhh..You want technical, I am only a couple of hours away from to f*cking with our Northern Hemisphere members and post Saturday's 'Today of the Week' Poster...
    Haha!
  • So just how exactly does one accomplish actually pinning this thing?
  • Go to your neck of the woods on the map then grab the marker and pin it. Change the pin marker number to your name and add info in the details box.
  • Click the icon just under the Search Box (it says Add Marker when you hover over it)
  • Do you have to sign into Google first or something?
  • I don't think so...it's set to be open (anyone can add)
  • Yes, sign in to google.
  • Guess I am just incredibly unobservant then...I don't see any search box or Add Marker option
  • edited July 2014
    OK, my bad - just signed out and saw you do have to sign into Google, even tho' it's set to Share with anyone (no sign-in required), or so it says.
  • I figured out how to show the map on the site - click on your profile name...
  • You guy's have me in the wrong place, can't seem to move the pin....

Good description though...
    ;)
  • Try clicking the icon top right corner to get it in full screen. Click on you and you'll see 3 icons bottom left. The one on the left is the edit....looks like a pencil.
  • Simple enough - ONCE I created a Google account that is
  • It's nice to be in the right place.... :)
  • lol at place marker comments for both Paul and Chris

;))
  • Starting to get pins in a few more countries now, I did not know Lyn was Germany based.
  • Crikey where've you been...
  • Paul said:
    Crikey where've you been...
    Look at the map...

TBH I never really took much notice of where people are, unless they were outside my front door - I could probably only name half a dozen members locations.
  • The comments are a crack up.

Lyn is at the doorstep of some many wonderful places. I remember the photos he took when he popped over to France. The snow, the Eiffel Tower the dog poo....;))
  • It's turning out nicer than I originally thought...  Now I know who to blame for my latest kitchen delay.  I bought this Canadian underlayment that requires this special fricking trowel that I've ordered but won't get here until August!  

• Thought I could go to the local hardware and pick it up... Oooooh Canada always soooo special!
  • Charlie it's probably because you expected imperial but needed metric sizing!
  • I'd like to see a pic of said trowel..

Mind August is but a few days away. So not so much of your skiving off tactics Charlie, I'm sure your good lady want's her domain back...