Skip to content

Show us your poster lair...

edited August 2014 in Storage & Archival
Since there was limited involvement for "how do you store your posters"  probably because it has been beaten to death... Show us you poster collecting environment lair/room/corner!  I call mine, my poster lair...  It's quite chaotic. 

Comments

• Prove it....
  • It's pretty scary...  Since I have been on the kitchen I haven'r organized much in 8 months or so...

One recent attempt to organize... 

Boxes of rolled stuff...

Started sorting through my french and Italians a while back... FAIL.

I sure hope Bruce didn't miss anything. I must have 15 unopened EMP packages scattered throughout the house...  With a dealer like Bruce, why check?

• Charlie said:

I like that drawer!  :)
  • I don't have yet a particular place (not until I add a couple of rooms to the house) so my  collecting environment is wherever it fits and doesn't bother
  • The stuff is all around the bunker.
    This 2 boxes are the core of the collection, the stuff that will never be sold while I'm alive

• I have a bunch of modern rolled posters in this trunk. Only a few inside are keepers. The other ones are a bulk I bought to a nice old lady, the owner of the theater I bought my first posters, around 18 years ago. She sold the theater a few years back and wanted to get rid of all the posters, so I bought them to give her a hand.

And also stores some packing materials

• I also have a few larger tubes (with a 40x60, an aussie 3 sheet and a few argentinean wildings) that currently reside behind a placard.

• edited August 2014
    When I first started I used back in my high school/college days I used a trunk.  My grandfather's military trunk.  You can just make it out at the bottom of the picture - grey.  It's where I keep my Italians and french large posters (when I put them back)...  It's all Neoloco's (Brandon's) fault. I took them out to show him some stuff when he visited and never put them back... 

• The one I have is from Mrs. 110x75.
    It belonged to the brother of her great grandmother, who took it with him when he came from Italy, as a suitcase
  • Nothing like Eggos and Stargate!
  • I saw that... That box actually has all the medals from a Vietnam vet that was killed while flying a flare mission during the war. Purple Heart, Distinguished Flying Cross, etc... I was suppose to sell them for my dad but every buyer wanted to break them up, so I just kept them.
  • Charlie said:
    I saw that... That box actually has all the medals from a Vietnam vet that was killed while flying a flare mission during the war. Purple Heart, Distinguished Flying Cross, etc... I was suppose to sell them for my dad but every buyer wanted to break them up, so I just kept them.
    Any opportunity to donate to a museum?
  • The family my dad got them from tried to donate but was turned away. The reason they sold them. Wanted a collector to have them. Same thing happened when we tried to donate my grandfather's flag. There is just too much to go around...
  • Well, one of my main problems is I have a load of film books and mags, so all my stuff is not in one place..

I have a study...  that has a few, and a cupboard with some old Monster kits in..

And some books in the sitting room...

And some in the dining room.. and a cupboard upstairs...

And a small bookcase..

A small corner of the Garage..

However, not counting the loft, or the passage cupboard, or the Cinema room.
    I have the small bed-room for most of the posters...

Unfortunately every drawer is full in here, so I'm having to put stuff here and there, mostly in the loft...   

• That's great Paul - almost like I dropped in for tea
  • Welcome back anytime Chris...
  • Paul said:
    A small corner of the Garage..

Caught ya red handed Paul.

We now know where the head office of International Cinema Industries is!

• Fantastic Paul, awesome to see

Glad you have your obsession under control.
  • Thanks guys, and Matt, if you look closely at my ICI sign it has an extra wave.... ;)
  • I can't see it, but I believe you. ;)

That extra wave makes all the difference....
  • Arhhh, I see!
  • Matt said:
    Arhhh, I see!
    Should that be "I see, Aye"?
  • CSM said:
    Matt said:
    Arhhh, I see!
    Should that be "I see, Aye"?
    No, I think he meant arhhh  :ar!
  • You guys... :-j
  • Right'o!
    I'll get some other angles later...which show the mess... =)

• Everybody has got an Eames chair except me...  @marqueeposter has one too...
  • Charlie said:
    Everybody has got an Eames chair except me...  @marqueeposter has one too...

The Eames chair is arguable the most comfortable chair ive ever sat in...

Actually, if you look closely, it's a knock off. I'm not able to spend 3k-5K for an original...I paid a fraction for mine, but it's still a great chair with perfect back support...