Skip to content

Postage question for all Dealers

Say if both Charlie and I win posters in one of your Auctions and I want my posters delivered to Charlie. Can my order be combined with Charlie's where I pay for the posters I've won and Charlie pays the postage with his. Then later I when pay Charlie to send them to me I can throw him some extra cash for the first transit costs.

Assuming that both lots of posters can be sent together in the one package of course.

Comments

• But what if you win something I want???   :D
  • Whoops...didn't think of that! =))
  • Why not? Some may find it harder to manage than others (like HA whose shipping department sucks like the most suckiest sucky suck suck you can suck on) - but someone like Bruce's I am sure would not be a problem, where the service is more personal and helpful.

I am also sure most normal poster retailers would not have an issue helping out either, provided prior warning is given (or a note on the purchase).

There is a  bigger question here: So you want to send a Hannah and her Sisters Daybill AND a Pretty Woman One Sheet all in one tube to the same place...can you afford your insurance?

• It's an advantage to the Dealer because let's say there's only one poster I want and it's a cheap one. Say 40 bucks, I don't want pay another 40 or so for postage. So I won't bid on it. Therefore it goes for less. The Dealer losses a little and so does the consignor. 

You and your bloody Hannah......arghhhh..forget it!

• edited September 2014
    Matt said:
    It's an advantage to the Dealer because let's say there's only one poster I want and it's a cheap one. Say 40 bucks, I don't want pay another 40 or so for postage. So I won't bid on it. Therefore it goes for less. The Dealer losses a little and so does the consignor. 

The bidding theory is one way of looking at it - I think the dealer may be more interested in the fact that he saves on the packaging, he can't influence the bidding.

And don't forget good old customer service - that's where the real money is for the dealer.
  • Exactly!  ;)
  • I think I will start renting out drawers in my flat files... One Funny Face Aussie OS buys a drawer for life. ;)
  • I will always do this, as long as both people email me to confirm it. We have done this for dozens of people and have never had even one problem with it.

I wish all collectors who live near each other would form collectors' clubs, where they meet whenever their new packages from us arrived! So you might have ten Sydney collectors who ALL get their orders shipped to a different member's address every six weeks, and when the packages arrive they hold a meet at that person's house and divvy up their purchases, and then six weeks later they could do it again at the next member's house!

It might never happen, but if it did, it would save a MASSIVE amount on shipping.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Sounds good Bruce. Ok now Matty when you win anything on emovie let me know as we can capitalize on this shipping idea! 
  • No probs Reg. :)
  • I've done this many times over the years, and even had others posters sent to me when I never won anything.......To forward on still, of course..
  • Bruce said:
    I wish all collectors who live near each other would form collectors' clubs, where they meet whenever their new packages from us arrived! So you might have ten Sydney collectors who ALL get their orders shipped to a different member's address every six weeks, and when the packages arrive they hold a meet at that person's house and divvy up their purchases, and then six weeks later they could do it again at the next member's house!

It might never happen, but if it did, it would save a MASSIVE amount on shipping.
    A good idea - Mark is already a stalker around my house.

Now who are the other 8 people?
  • Sounds good Bruce. Ok now Matty when you win anything on emovie let me know as we can capitalize on this shipping idea! 
    Wait... I was the one getting the shipping break here.  $6 no matter how many is like turning back the clock to 1999...
  • David said
    A good idea - Mark is already a stalker around my house.

Now who are the other 8 people?

I'm out. The last poster I bought from Bruce was back in about 2009!
    Good idea though.

• OK forget Mark...

Still a good idea, plus I am sure the social aspect would be fun. It's nice to know Bruce (and I am sure a few others) would do this, that said I am sure most of us would be all be able to talk from some sort of experience and say this would be a bad idea to ask HA to do - even if they could get it right there would be bound to be extra fees on top to pay, things like a 'Collation Fee' or a Merged Packaging Premium. 
  • Bruce is already very generous in holding the posters for OS buyers to combine. From memory it was 4 weeks? 
    The only reason I haven't bought anything is because I don't collect anymore (except rolled Star Wars with no foxing at very cheap prices). 
    :)
  • edited September 2014
    1. Yes he is (although to their credit HA holds too)
    2. Good luck

:-*
  • Think my last off HA was probably in 2005/6.
    Don't worry, I got some Disney stuff in my sights. 
    Soon the tide will turn! 
    >:)
  • I can confirm eMovie will do this without issue
  • It is 6 weeks of holding for those outside the U.S. and three weeks for those within.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• That's great news....