Skip to content

Your favorite Eastwood film...

edited April 2014 in Movie Talk
I am watching Joe Kidd and thought we could share our favorite Eastwood film. I think my favorite will always be The Outlaw Josey Wales... This was one of the first Eastwoods I watched and it has always stuck with me...

Comments

• Where Eagles Dare. Love the soundtrack.  Lost count how many times I've watched it. Usually watch it winter, sets the mood. Summertime flick is A Fistful of Dollars, that film got me hooked on Eastwood.
  • edited April 2014
    Lady Godiva (1955)

61 minutes in as 3rd Saxon, he speaks those immortal words "I'll have 30 men from Ludlow"
  • The good, the bad and the ugly for me! Blondeeeeeee
  • I think a close second is Heartbreak Ridge...  I just love that one.  The Man with No Name stuff is great!   When you are trying to take a nap after lunch...  It was a thrill the first time, 2nd time, 3rd - 15th, but these days I need a few years in between viewings to get excited.

imageimage
  • This is a hard question. Unforgiven is pretty damn powerful as a western and may be my favorite. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly would be his most iconic for me. An easier question might be which Eastwood film do you like the least. Bloodwork failed to get my blood going and I thought The Eiger Sanction would deliver more.

• Least fav is Pink Cadillac with Bronco Billy and Honkytonk Man not far behind.
  • Yeah all those were really poor... I watched FAFDM Wed. Always a good view.
  • I like Heartbreak ridge, Outlaw Josey Wales, and Paint your Wagon. Although Eastwood has a lousy voice for singing in Paint your Wagon I still enjoyed it.
  • This is the one for me. Never get tired of watching it.

• Forgot about Paint Your Wagon, I always watch it when it comes on, and annoy my wife by singing along with Lee

• My brother and his wife make fun of me because I own it. But I enjoy the film. I remember watching this with my grandmother. She was the one that made me sit down and watch it when I was younger. I actually enjoyed the film.
  • Talk about too hard to call!

I dont even know how to start.

Eastwood = AWESOME.

Thinking................

Thinking................

Thinking................

Thinking................

Thinking................

Thinking................

Thinking................

Thinking................

Be back one day to answer....

• I'll have to snap a photo of my 'Pale Rider Beatin' Stick' I made one summer watching Eastwood films all day for about three weeks straight...
  • wow, 50years old...watch the movie paper for that jump in price on eBay for a while
  • I worked out a top 5. NOT EASY!!!!! You cant say enough about Eastwood....Changes weekly if not daily.

5) Unforgiven
    4) Gran Torino
    3) Dirt Harry
    2) TO Josey Wales
    1) TGTB&TU