Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Tarzan's Greatest Adventure

madmovymanmadmovyman Member Posts: 2 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder

Comments

• madmovymanmadmovyman Member Posts: 2 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    This is my collection of photos and posters from Tarzan's Greatest Adventure which I consider the best of the apeman movies. I'm always looking for better art than the American versions for posters and more original 8x10 publicity photos.
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,675 admin

That's a great collection of photos movyman!

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,308 admin
    Nice collection Mad, and oyu have some greeeeeat posters elsewhere on your site that will make some just drool - start yourself a thread and share 'm here: http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/categories/your-collection
    David
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    This is my collection of photos and posters from Tarzan's Greatest Adventure which I consider the best of the apeman movies. I'm always looking for better art than the American versions for posters and more original 8x10 publicity photos.
    Really nice !!  Always wanted "Greatest Adventure" stills and lobby card but was outbid.  Yep, the US sheet is bad.  The Italian is great !

I haven't watched "Greatest Adventure" but I watched the sequel called "The Maginificient" which was quite bad !   I heard many are saying Greatest Adventure is the best but sadly I can't find here locally.   Funny how decor set and stills of both movies are alike.

I live in Kenya... when you go to "Fourteen Falls", people like to speak about Tarzan but they say lot of b**sht, like it is the first ever Tarzan with Johnny, really ???

So I did my search.  Please correct me if I am wrong...

"Greatest Adventure" is the first Tarzan to be filmed in Africa.  Also, it is the first "British" Tarzan, that is produced by British director.  Movie was filmed in Kenya, a British colony, which was at this ti,e a popular destination for movie casts (thanks mostly to William Holden who co-owned an hotel property in Kenya, the Mount Kenya Safari Club (1959), which became the place-to-be for international stars).

This movie shows a fighting scene in the Fourteen Falls (Thika, Kenya).   There is also a fighting scene at same place in the sequel.

This is a first major role by an unknown artist called Sean Connery.  I read somewhere that Gordon Scott gave his jacket to Sean Connery but sadly I fail to find an image of the jacket ("the famous jacket ???").

Sean Connery was supposed to play in the sequel "The Magnificient" but he refused because he had a major first role in "Dr No".    Note also that Eon Production (the one behind James Bond movies) was also British and they did only one non-Bond movie called "Call me Bwana" (1962).  Sadly, the movie supposed to be filmed in Kenya, was filmed in USA and a second team came to Kenya to finish the missing scenes.  My initial thought was that Broccoli and Connery met in Kenya but it is presumably a wrong assumption (dates/calendar and lack of sources).