Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

The Crime Doctor Columbia Series ( 1943 - 1949 ) Australian Posters

HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

The Films in the series -

1. Crime Doctor (1943)
  2. Crime Doctor's Strangest Case (1943)
  3. Shadows in the Night (1944)
  4. The Crime Doctor's Courage (1945)
  5. Crime Doctor's Warning (1945)
  6. Just Before Dawn (1946)
  7. Crime Doctor's Man Hunt (1946)
  8. The Millerson Case (1947)
  9. Crime Doctor's Gamble (1947)
  10. The Crime Doctor's Diary (1949 )
What's been located so far.

( unknown )  ( Chris )

Warner Baxter starred in all of the ten films that made up the series released by Columbia Pictures Corporation between 1943 and 1949.

Compared to some of the other Columbia Pictures series and other distributors series  covered previously Australian posters are  proving to be extremely rare to locate.

If anyone has any Australian poster images for any of the remaining missing eight titles they would be welcolmed here.
Lawrence

Comments

• CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Shadows in the Night is mine too Lawrence :)

Great thread...I think I have seen others in the serious but will check 
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

( Trove )  ( Chris )

Shadows In The Night normally would have played as the second feature in Australian cinemas as the film is a 'B' film and only runs for a brief 67 minutes. The above Australian newspaper advertisement that was placed by a Newcastle suburban cinema interestingly shows it as being the main attraction.

This newspaper artwork is very different to to what was displayed on the Australian daybill, and as I believe it to be more attention grabbing than it,  I though I would include it here. I believe that this style of artwork would have presented a more dramatic and effective looking poster if something similar in artwork had been used on the daybill rather than what was originally designed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Millerson Case ( 1947 ). This daybill, for the eight film in the series, is currently being auctioned by Bruce. Hopefully you have noticed this one Chris. Seven images still to locate and the odds in finding them all must be long.
    Lawrence