Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

One Body Too Many - which version do you prefer?

HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

One Body Too Many ( 1944 ).   Three versions of the Paramount / Richardson Studio 10 x 30 daybill extisting today.

Which one do you prefer and why?  Any comments would be appreciated.
Lawrence

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    edited April 3
    I like mine cause its mine  :)

Seriously, I like mine because the rating is printed on.
  • rockabilly777rockabilly777 Member, The Framer Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    My preference is the no rating version. Less distracting and cluttered.
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    There is a certain charm is such a blatant & conspicuous rating screaming HORROR FILM (even though the movie really isn't anything of the sort...)
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

O.k., firstly my comments on the above version with the extended snipe attached to it. The applied classification snipe with a outside white border covers a very small part of Bela Lugosi's chin, plus Jack Haley's suit on his right shoulder, his right collar and half of his tie are then missing, making this my least preferred version. 

Second preferred daybill. I personally prefer Australian posters to have a censorship  rating applied.

My favoutite of the three. I love the censorship rating merging in with the background. I don't believe I have seen this practive ever being used previously.
    Lawrence
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,450 admin
    I like the smaller rating version. It seems to fill the empty white space. It gives the warning w/o intruding into the artwork. 
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Yeah for aussie paper, I like them with the rating on there!

A teaser regarding this version. During my research into the Australian wartime 10 x 30 size daybills an interesting fact came to light regarding this daybill version.

All will be revealed later on within the Australian Wartime 10 x 30 Daybills yet to be published part 3 Paramount Pictures extensive information which will be added to the Hondo's This And That Thread at an undertermined time. It is undertermined due to the fact that it is far from being completed.

Lawrence
  • JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    edited April 29
    HONDO said:

This is one of the photos I took so I can tell you how the poster looked prior to backing. It did have the censor sticker / snipe but it left some little rippling where it had been glued to the poster. We had the sticker removed and it came up well on linen and we sold it backed. Unfortunately the daybills I have seen with the sticker have the same rippling from the glue and the snipe is not easy to remove.
    John

• RickRick Member Posts: 890 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    either left or right, but i wouldn't say no to any of them

For anyone interested that may like to check it out, the three One Body Too Many daybills are mentioned in the Hondo's This And That Thread entry, Australian wartime 10 x 30 daybills part 3, which is coming soon.

Lawrence