Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Two Mules For Sister Sara Quiz

HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

There are six variations of Two Mules For Sister Sara Australian daybills that I am aware of. As an individual or a group can you find them for me and post them on this thread. A good one for Clint fans.

Hondo

Lawrence

Comments

• MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,674 admin
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    edited June 2015

To Matt-

I'll agree with number 3 & number 6.     

Sorry I should have said variations in the artwork & design and not if a difference in censorship, lack of censorship or slight difference in colour shadings. If I have missed anything in this area please let me know.

Hondo

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence

Um...

Yes this is another variation.

Hondo

Lawrence

Matt has four - see my amended comment Matt.

Ves has one also.

Hondo

Lawrence

One more very similar image but has a printer's credit on it.

Hondo

Lawrence

Once we have tied up this quiz I will post a detailed summary I compiled last October about the six images. I must say Mark you were quick out ot the starting gates which is very commendable and with most of the answers too.

Hondo  

Lawrence
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,674 admin

Final sixth image doesn't seem to want to reveal itself so here it is.

To be followed soon with  details on each of the daybills.

Hondo

Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Isn't that the same as the two Matt posted?

Isn't that the same as the two Matt posted?

The above one apart from being a different colour was printed by Robert Burton where Matt's two were without printer's credits.

To be followed soon when I have a bit of time with details on each of the daybills.

Hondo

Lawrence
    I noted the differing colour (seen that many a time) but I didn't and still can't see the missing printer info.  Your eyesight is better than mine!

Little hard to read clearly but hopeful you can see it now.

Hondo

Lawrence

As mentioned previously the details on all the six daybill posters are as follows..

The original Australian full colour release daybill. The film opened in Sydney on the 23 / 10 / 1970.

The last image above ( the light brown one ) that I submitted  and the crimson colour one that Matt submitted are  early second printings,

The light brown image Matt submitted showing under the two colour images is another early reprint but a little later and now with CIC printed on it but still with a  Not Suitable For Children classification printed on the poster.Note no border around background action scene.

The light blue poster image also submitted by Matt  is another similar image but now a border appears around the background scene The .Not Suitable For Children classification  has been moved and printed on the poster in a different form.The film title has a dark blue background around it. Has CIC printed on it also.

The other blue poster suppied by Ves has the titles under the main title printed in a different position and the main title is without any background  highlighting. The New Zealand censorship classification snipe is covering the Australian Not Suitable For Children classification.Has CIC printed on it also.

To sum up all the above daybill posters were printed in 1970 and 1971 due to the Not Suitable For Children censorship rating which was replaced by the NRC classification in late 1971.The print run must have been printed in small quantities and possibly more box office business happened than was anticipated to have all the duotone daybills designed and printed.

Hondo

Lawrence

The more I look at the duotone Two Mules For Sister Sara daybills the more it confirms to me that I am right in disliking them. 

Hondo

Lawrence
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,308 admin
    haha..

Well all these duo and mono tones being posted has seen a little niche of collectors form a small sub group and they are now trading quietly in the darkened corners of smokey bars...

David