Skip to content

Daybills Vs Inserts

A lot of  U.S. inserts have it all over Australian daybills as far as quality and appearance of designs goes. On saying that there are many examples were the reverse is applicable. A few examples I believe  this is the case. Anybody agree? How about some other examples?

imageimage

imageimage

Comments

• Agree the daybill is better for these examples for sure

• imageimage

I think the daybill is a clear winner.

• Aussies win in all of the above.
  • No one wins

Love MM Daybills but won't ever add to my collection the one on the right with Prince Charles in it.

image image
  • I know there are countless examples of the U.S. insert being superior and I could post hundreds of examples myself. The thought behind this thread was to show only examples of where the daybill wins out over the insert design. So repeating -my original question"" How about some other examples? "  which means please post images that fall into this category.
  • What the point of the phrase "going off topic" if one doesn't do it?
  • "Prince Charles"...good one! :))
  • '59 US Insert photo 0C82D5F2-8ED0-439C-92C0-D36CBD271BCE_zpslka0jfso.jpg R66 Daybill photo 28967706-7CE7-4315-8CD5-115D698A5AC2_zps82ognb8w.jpg I like the US version, but the Daybill color wins out for me.
  • US Insert: '48 photo F48A1D39-4A2C-4FC6-B054-86146991F038_zpstuvyagqc.jpg Daybill: R58 photo D535D650-4311-436C-B5C0-93A8C148D283_zpscx8tbsll.jpg
  • Sven I believe as per my Rope thread the daybill is 1964 RR.I think we need to compare the insert with the 1948 release Australian daybill of the similar design.  John perhaps would be as kind as to supply his image.  The similar daybill version of the original North By Northwest insert  is definitely inferior to the insert.

• HONDO said:

Sven I believe as per my Rope thread the daybill is 1964 RR.I think we need to compare the insert with the 1948 release Australian daybill of the similar design.  John perhaps would be as kind as to supply his image.  The similar daybill version of the original North By Northwest insert  is definitely inferior to the insert.

That was Mark who made the comment , but easy to confuse as we both like jimmy, and our names rhyme. All good.
  • Sorry.You are an understanding man.I will have to put my glasses on.
  • Please do Quizmaster! Here I try to contribute to your thread & your giving my half-brother Sven the credit! :D:))
  • Controversial....

imageimage

• Great examples Ves. Love the Sunset Boulevard and The Big Clock especially.

What struck me about the two posters of The Million Pound Note and Man With A Million is the different wording to promote the film on each poster .The U.S. poster is selling the Mark Twain angle whilst the Australian poster is pushing ''The Royal Command Film'' with only a very small mention of Mark Twain.

• HONDO said:

Great examples Ves. Love the Sunset Boulevard and The Big Clock especially.

What struck me about the two posters of The Million Pound Note and Man With A Million is the different wording to promote the film on each poster .The U.S. poster is selling the Mark Twain angle whilst the Australian poster is pushing ''The Royal Command Film'' with only a very small mention of Mark Twain.

Many would argue the insert for Sunset Boulevard is superior...I'm not biased or anything, but I think the daybill kicks butt...

• Definitely agree it is butt kicking poster.
  • Aussie victories all around

• imageimage

The daybill I believe.

• Both good but I think the daybill wins with the great close up image of the stars.

imageimage

t