Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Musical Parade Featurette Australian One Sheet Oddity.

HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

This is an unusual Australian one sheet and before I comment on it I am wondering if anyone would like to comment first on what is unusual about it ?

Hondo

Lawrence

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    It's a stock poster and the featurettes are written in?

Color is missing a "U"?

It's a Paramount poster advertising MGM features?
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    CSM said:

Color is missing a "U"?

All correct so far.

Hondo

Lawrence
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,307 admin
    So far?!

Answers like that would win a at least a a Chocolate Fish where I come from!

David

Original U.S. poster of Samba-Mania. 

Hondo

Lawrence
    David said:
    So far?!

Answers like that would win a at least a a Chocolate Fish where I come from!

I'll take it!
    CSM said:

Color is missing a "U"?

Yes, yes and yes.

All good information but what is unusual and separates it from other Australian stock posters ?

Hondo

Lawrence
    edited June 2015

The stock  poster is circa 1948 printed for a Paramount Musical Parade Featurette primarily for their short film Samba Mania. For some unknown reason someone has added three MGM featurettes along with an Australian short I think was produced possibly by an Australian Government department and a cartoon which may or may not be Paramount. No record of a screening in Australia that I can locate and who in their right mind, even in 1948 would pay to see it and be able to sit through without yawning as they watched this collection of short features. If anyone else has an example of a similar poster I would love to see it. I sat through a cartoon festival as a child and towards the end  of it I had had enough so one can imagine looking at the titles displayed on this poster it would be heavy going.

Hondo

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence

You have seen previously the unusual image of a Paramount Musical Parade featurette with added titles of shorts printed on it. The following is the  Australian one sheet stock poster  printed solely for the Paramount short Mardi Gras ( 1943 ).

From the IMDB site - ''The first of a series of six two-reel '' Musical Parade'' shorts produced in Technicolor for the Paramount 1943-44 production season. This series would continue into 1948, and then were reissued in the early 50's''. I suppose this poster possibly is from a reissue but we don't know if the series were reissued out of the U.S. or not. I would think original release but it is most likely one of those things we will never know for sure.

Lawrence

This is another Paramount Musical Parade Featurette  Australian one sheet for Star Bright ( 1944) but this time on a different stock poster. I think I prefer this one over the other one.

imagetttttttttt

Lawrence