Skip to content

Lobby Cards, Inserts, 30x40s

Hey Charlie- do you approach the deacidification & beaching process the same with the heavier paper of the LC, Insert & 30x40 as you do the one sheet? Was wondering how the wet work was affected by those "thicker" papers? 

Comments

• Same except instead of putting it on linen, I paper back them.  I've actually wanted to paperback a plain old OS to see how it turned out...
  • Sounds good. I've never handled a paper backed item so not sure how that would turn out-but have read they can't be rolled. Can't imagine it would be too different in results to paper back a OS. 
  • Btw-I've noticed the new update to vanilla forums saves a draft automatically-nice touch among the changes...
  • Sounds good. I've never handled a paper backed item so not sure how that would turn out-but have read they can't be rolled. Can't imagine it would be too different in results to paper back a OS. 
    You can paperback with multiple weights of paper.  For example if you use the 70gsm masa you could probably roll it (never tried though).  But if you flirt with 200+ gsm it will be more like card stock on really thick card stock...
  • Attempting a new paperbacking method at the moment.  I was in the art store and asked for "museum board" - they had it!  So I of course ran home and found a 1/2 sheet.  Holytex on the surface, museum board (2-ply for this try: I bought a couple sheet of 4-ply), masa paper, and poster:

The only problem I've had is that the museum board started to curl, so I had to perform the Waines glass maneuver.  Luckily I had bought blotter paper too.  So had another layer of holytex on top, blotter paper, and glass shelving...

Fingers crossed waiting for the results.
  • Does the 2-ply have a weight? Wouldn't have thought it would have curled on you. Nice looking poster!
  • So, when are you quitting your day job?
  • When I win the lottery...
  • Does the 2-ply have a weight? Wouldn't have thought it would have curled on you. Nice looking poster!
    Think card stock per layer. So the 2-ply is double card stock, 4-ply...
  • edited July 2015
    Thx. So is 2-ply museum board not rigid enough? 4-ply the way to go? I recently received some 10pt & 20pt Bristol Board from Talas to experiment with. -what did you back your Aladdin insert with?
  • what did you back your Aladdin insert with?
    Masa paper...