Skip to content

Posters That One Would Like To Own

edited July 2015 in Various Thoughts
                                                                                         You sometimes look at a poster and think that you wouldn't mind owing it. This poster is one of them.

Comments

• That is spectacular!
  • Nice Hondo!
  • Very cool! I've seen ones like that before, but the green color & youthful images make it a gem. 
  • Maybe Lyn can post the poster I would like to own seeing as he has it... ;)
  • Maybe one day....I know it's kinda common place, but an original on the wall would be a nice tribute to Stewart & Hitchcock. 

• edited July 2015
    So it's a poster that you don't really want but would like to have?  That one is easy for me there are a few:

• Lawrence - I have been meaning to ask you (and sort of in the spirit of this thread) - do you have a poster collection at all?

You obviously have a great deal of knowledge concerning Aussie posters and the Aussie film industry but I cannot recall if you have ever shared any posters or commented on the subject?
  • My poster collecting started in the 1980s and into the 1990s when for various reasons it tapered off after then. My main interest has always been and will continue to be in researching  film history but not necessarily Australian. I have researched the U.S.A. & Great Britain films which includes their posters as well. The majority of my posters are in storage from a move that took place in the past and with some uncertainties in my life at present will have to remain there for the foreseeable future. I have commented the odd time on posters I own but I have never photographed more than a small amount of my posters in the past. Most of the images of any posters I own have been taken from the web and are in folders on my computer. Those I don't have images of I have listed on a master list. I am still on the lookout for the odd special  poster that jumps out at me that I cannot resist and I still purchase the odd one. 

Sounds as if I am the odd man out in the forum as I am not an avid collector and restorer but I am hoping by sharing the information I have collected over the years it will be able to be appreciated and some record of the information I have collected will be on file for serious film enthusiasts to have access to.

• Footlight Parade - WOWEEEE

•                                                            Two more I think are great.
  • Oh Man...new favourite...The Virtuous Sin...Spectacular...
  • HONDO said:

My poster collecting started in the 1980s and into the 1990s when for various reasons it tapered off after then. My main interest has always been and will continue to be in researching  film history but not necessarily Australian. I have researched the U.S.A. & Great Britain films which includes their posters as well. The majority of my posters are in storage from a move that took place in the past and with some uncertainties in my life at present will have to remain there for the foreseeable future. I have commented the odd time on posters I own but I have never photographed more than a small amount of my posters in the past. Most of the images of any posters I own have been taken from the web and are in folders on my computer. Those I don't have images of I have listed on a master list. I am still on the lookout for the odd special  poster that jumps out at me that I cannot resist and I still purchase the odd one. 

Sounds as if I am the odd man out in the forum as I am not an avid collector and restorer but I am hoping by sharing the information I have collected over the years it will be able to be appreciated and some record of the information I have collected will be on file for serious film enthusiasts to have access to.

Thanks for responding - I asked both out of curiosity and in hopes of seeing some great posters :)