Skip to content

Warner Bros. Connection Quiz.

2»

Comments

• Had a guess based on who were in the picture, that said, it's a nice image of the three on it's own (without the floating head)

Looked up Dvorak and how to pronounce it, sure enough she said "My name is properly pronounced vor'shack. The D remains silent. I have had quite a time with the name, having been called practically everything from Balzac to Bickelsrock."
  • Joan Blondell from her heyday at Warner Bros.

• Two more actresses once under contract to Warner Brothers. These two appear to be in distress.

imageimage

• Ann Dvorak as Mata Hari

Ann Sheridan?
  • David said:
    Ann Dvorak as Mata Hari

Ann Sheridan?

Ann Dvorak is correct but not as Mata Hari.

Ann Sheridan is also correct.

You win.

So as the quiz doesn't fold in record time do you or does anyone else wish to try and guess the names of the two films?

• The Ann Sheridan pic is from Woman on the Run
  • HONDO said:

Joan Blondell from her heyday at Warner Bros.

=P~
  • CSM said:
    The Ann Sheridan pic is from Woman on the Run

Correct.
  • Not Joan Blondell.
  • HONDO said:
    Not Joan Blondell.
    Chalrie was drooling not answering... ;)
  • In my excitement I miss-read the insert (which I thought was pretty cool):

image image
  • CSM said:
    The Ann Sheridan pic is from Woman on the Run
    I've seen that daybill for sale somewhere???
    :-?
  • David said:
    In my excitement I miss-read the insert (which I thought was pretty cool):

image image
    Correct of course . I like both posters.
  • ^ An American artist with brightly coloured pencils on their desk???
  •                                                                                                                                                                                               Two well known at one time top Warner Brothers stars. Who are they?
  • 2nd one is Ann Sheridan, Take Me to Town
  • edited August 2015
    Matt said:
    2nd one is Ann Sheridan, Take Me to Town

Correct - it is Ann Sheridan in Take Me To Town ( 1953 ).

The first image the actress was working for a much smaller studio.

• Joan Leslie, Hell's Outpost (1954)

• David said:
    Joan Leslie, Hell's Outpost (1954)

Correct.

The clip is interesting. Does anyone care to comment about the opening Republic Pictures logo and what is unusual about it and what appears to be out of place.? 

• John said:
    You guys are good!

Not really, I have the daybill.
  • HONDO said:
    David said:
    Joan Leslie, Hell's Outpost (1954)

Correct.

The clip is interesting. Does anyone care to comment about the opening Republic Pictures logo and what is unusual about it and what appears to be out of place.? 

Where are all the members interested in film logos ? This isn't an Australian related question so all can answer? 
  • Hell's Outpost was released in 1954 when the Republic Eagle logo was being used. The logo on the beginning of the clip has The City Tower logo on it that had stopped being used in the late 1940s when it was replaced by the Republic Eagle.
  •                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Famous Warner Brothers Star.

• Barbara Stanwyck?
  • Correct. Barbara Stanwyck in There's Always Tomorrow a Universal International release from 1956. The nose you see beside her is one belonging to Fred MacMurray.
  • edited August 2015
    Well thanks for using the AU 1Sh! If you'd used the Daybill no one may have recognized her! =)

There's Always Tomorrow (1956) - Daybill

• I actually thought she was more recognisable in the daybill. We can't seem to be able to get away from Joan Bennett these days.

• Hmmm...thought her pouty lips on the AU 1Sh gave it away. 
  • Oops! Thanks David. Forgot to post the title & size.