Skip to content

Haul Breakdown

Hi all, to avoid clogging up the usual monthly acquisitions thread I thought best to start a new thread where I could post updates on finds within my recent collection purchase.

For obvious reasons I wont be posting images of every single poster I unfold, however every day or so I'll add a few more images that I think may appeal to some of your tastes.

The shipment arrived earlier than planned and the good fellows who freighted it for me decided to dump the three pallets a fair distance from where I clearly asked!! Grrrr! (I thought to take a photo only after I wrecked my back shifting the contents of one). 

Comments

• Wil. 

FFS, please provide napkins, bibs to the members here BEFORE posting photos of pallets of posters.

• Below are some of the better items pulled out after spending the last 7 hours thumbing through the first 5 boxes.

More to follow in ten!

• Hi all, to avoid clogging up the usual monthly acquisitions thread I thought best to start a new thread where I could post updates on finds within my recent collection purchase.

For obvious reasons I wont be posting images of every single poster I unfold, however every day or so I'll add a few more images that I think may appeal to some of your tastes.

The shipment arrived earlier than planned and the good fellows who freighted it for me decided to dump the three pallets a fair distance from where I clearly asked!! Grrrr! (I thought to take a photo only after I wrecked my back shifting the contents of one). 

• Nice Wil. A question to you. Does it mean that all the posters in the haul would have been released in New Zealand to the best of your knowledge ? I have a good reason in asking this question and will reveal it when I hear back from you.
  •   

• HONDO said:
    Nice Wil. A question to you. Does it mean that all the posters in the haul would have been released in New Zealand to the best of your knowledge ? I have a good reason in asking this question and will reveal it when I hear back from you.
    Hi Hondo,

I believe so, in fact the vast majority of the ones I left in the box (and there they'll stay for a very long time) were either heavily censored for use or 'homemade' such as the Eraserhead, which was very crudely painted over another poster (although from a distance it looks ok). 

Luckily a few of the nicer ones such as the Halloween DB and The Warriors UK OS somehow slipped through.
  •   

v 

Right, that'll do for a day or so. it's now 5 minutes to midnaight and I've been up since 4.15  :s

I hope some of you see something you haven't seen beofore, if not I'll try better next time...  ;)

Goodnight.

• Yes there are a few posters that I haven't seen before. Thanks for sharing.
  • Eraserhead is glorious! Keep em coming!!!
  • What a start...
  • Wow!!!
  • 110x75 said:
    Eraserhead is glorious! Keep em coming!!!
    You haven't seen it up close, VERY crudely done with thick matt black paint which was dabbed over an old poster which the title I can't make out. 

You can see the original blue'ish title below the Eraserhead one.
  • Anyone know when the Clockwork Orange R18 one came out? Surely the R20 re-release came first?
  • Anyone know when the Clockwork Orange R18 one came out? Surely the R20 re-release came first?

On the case already.
  • 110x75 said:
    Eraserhead is glorious! Keep em coming!!!
    VERY crudely done
    Hence it's glorious status. :)
  • 110x75 said:
    Hence it's glorious status. :)
    And quite possibly a 'one off!'  ;)
  • What size is the Vatican?  With the corner out of it?  QUAD?
    Yes Vesna, Quad it is. I can't find anything on either that or the daybill. 
  • I've also got another 50 or so Daybills to add but photobucket isn't letting me upload anything (apparently I'm not the only one with this problem).
    Vaticano ( 1951) was the original title of this Italian/U.K. documentary short, originally filmed in the Italian language.
  • HONDO said:
    Vaticano ( 1951) was the original title of this Italian/U.K. documentary short, originally filmed in the Italian language.
    Many thanks Hondo, couldn't see these on EMP ect. 
  • Right I canned Photobucket and tried Tinypic!

I thought I'd try to contain today's highlights (anoth 5 boxes) to daybill's and the odd scrappy still, enjoy!

•     

Such a great likeness! 

• Final couple of scrappy yet kinda cool stills, then time to call it a night, little to no sleep this week   :s  (I liken it to a child on Christmas eve, far to excited to sleep and when they're finally in bed their minds are racing far to much to sleep!)

Right that's it folks, the weekend looks to be pretty booked up, so this maybe it until Monday. 

The end.
  • Red Skies Of Montana I like and the first daybill image I have seen of this title, but why were 20th Century Fox so stingy with having credits appear on their posters. 
  • Satellite in the sky will also look much better once I've gotten it bleached!
  • I also thought The Queens Guard was pretty nice too, so much in fact that I ended watching it on YouTube this evening (so you could say it's still prompting 'ticket sales' to this day!) 

Also the fact that I'm an ex paratrooper as was my father so the maroon beret and parachute regiment theme of the film sucked me in.

Thanks.  It is quite stunning...stands out to me anyway.  Any artist info on it?  The daybill is er, as to be expected.

• Thanks.  It is quite stunning...stands out to me anyway.  Any artist info on it?  The daybill is er, as to be expected.
    Not that I recall, just printed in England etc. It's now back in the box but I can fish it out tomorrow. 

The daybill number x 10+, versus the Quad x 1, a pity it wasn't reversed, although the bills do have a certain appeal in person.
  • 10 copies of  rare The Vatican daybills isn't too bad though.