Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

DO NOT EMBARASS US BY TRYING!

theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Was browsing through some images looking for something else, and came across this daybill for SHOTGUN WEDDING...and in FLAMING HILLBILLY COLOR no less!

Check out the warning!

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,012 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

'' Gorgeous gals set the Ozarks on fire!'' -wow. Another bottom of the barrel release by Cemp who gave us ''She Freaks'' and ''Second Fiddle To A Steel Guitar'' among many others. Probably Cemp's most well known film that they released was ''The Haunted And The Hunted'' ( aka ''Dementia 13'' ) . Poor artwork to go with a poor film.

Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    That's even "better" than either of the U.S. one-sheets!

Any idea if one of the U.S. one-sheets predates the other?

or

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Well that's something Ves!
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

Jenny Maxwell as Honey Bee in Shotgun Wedding from 1963.

Jenny Maxwell, the second from the right, with Elvis and other actresses in Blue Hawaii from 1961. In this film she played Ellie Corbett, who ended up being spanked by Elvis on the beach.

Jenny Maxwell has been reported as being a distant relative of Marilyn Monroe.

Lawrence
  • RickRick Member Posts: 913 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Edward D. Wood film I think?

Elvis Presley with Jenny Marshall in Blue Hawaii. If you have seen the film you most likely will remember Jenny in the film.

Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Rick said:

Apparently he wrote it!...this movie is getting more weird and interesting by the minute!
    Rick said:

Writer.

Talking about Ed Wood, the Aurora channel on Foxtel subscription TV last Saturday night screened Plan 9 from Outer Space. Seeing is has been called one of  the worst films ever made, my curiosity got the better of me, and I ended up partially viewing it. The only other Ed Wood film I have ever seen is Glen Or Glenda? about twenty years ago, and although it isn't saying too much Plan 9 was more viewable than Glen Or Glenda ? There is a funny scene in Plan 9  in a graveyard where a person falls over and sends the cross on the grave flying. Things like this never bothered Ed. Two Ed Woods film partly viewed, but one thing is for sure, there definitely  will be no more temptation to view any others.

Lawrence
  • 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

I LOVE ED WOOD MOVIES!  They are so cheesy they are awesome.

Love the Burton film with Depp as well...Plan 9 is fantastic!  I love the bits of Bela cut into the film for no reason at all other than he had the footage! HA.

I LOVE ED WOOD MOVIES!  They are so cheesy they are awesome.

Love the Burton film with Depp as well...Plan 9 is fantastic!  I love the bits of Bela cut into the film for no reason at all other than he had the footage! HA.

Depp and the cast of Ed Wood were all good. Bela's double in plan 9 is a scream.

The real Bela at the top in one of his few appearances in Plan 9 and his stand in with the cape he applied this way in every one of his scenes. 

Lawrence

Any aussie paper for any of his movies?

I've never thought to look, but suspect no???

edited September 2017

Any aussie paper for any of his movies?

I've never thought to look, but suspect no???

Of the six poverty row films Bela Lugosi appeared in that were released in the USA in the  1950s only ''Mother Riley Meets The Vampire'' ( aka ''Vampire Over London'' ) ( 1952 ) was released in Australia. The other five were banned or mainly just not picked up for distribution here. The titles are ''Bride Of The Monster'', ''Plan 9 From Outer Space'', ''The Black Sleep'', ''Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Vampire'' & "'Glen Or Glenda ?''.

From the 1940s ''The Return Of The Vampire'', :;The Body Snatcher'', ''One Body Too Many''. ''You'll Find Out '', ''Night Monster''. ''Frankenstein meets The Wolf Man''& ''Black Friday'' spring to mind where Australian daybill images are available to be seen. The majority of his 1940s imput was either banned, not released or had a very limited release in Australia and the paper is scarce or no longer existing.

From the 1930s three films ''Ninotchka'',  ''The Invisible Ray'' & ''Mark of The Vampire'' have daybills I know exist for and all three do not have Lugosi's image on them. For the remainder of his films, excluding some that weren't released in Australia, good luck in finding anything soon.

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence
    Oh sorry...I meant the Ed Wood films like Plan Nine and Glen or Glenda....my bad...sorry again, but still very interesting none the less!
    Oh you answered that anyway :)  I need to take more time to read stuff slowly!
    Oh sorry...I meant the Ed Wood films like Plan Nine and Glen or Glenda....my bad...sorry again, but still very interesting none the less!

Oh you answered that anyway :)  I need to take more time to read stuff slowly!

Actually I misread what you were asking, and as Bela's image was just above your question I thought it was him that you were referring to.

Some of Ed Wood's films Australian poster availability or non availability answers were included in my answer. All his other films including Jail Bait weren't released here.

Shotgun Wedding that he co-wrote appears to be the only film that he was involved in that was released in Australia, making it a ''horrible'' rarity. It seems appropriate somehow that ''Shotgun Wedding'' was released in Australia by Catl Mondor's Cemp films.

Lawrence
  • HereComesMongoHereComesMongo Member Posts: 940 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    "Flaming Hillbilly Color"

Funny and a great name for a rock band...
    Mel S. Hutson
    Charlotte, NC USA
    My reference website: moviepostercollectors.guide
    My Current Poster Collection

When the 1954 film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was screened in Beverley Western Australian in 1964 at the Town Hall pictures, in a town with a population of under a thousand and situated in the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia the tag ''The shotgun wedding musical'' was added to the local newspaper advertisement.

Lawrence
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,308 admin
    WA...what would you expect?
    David