Skip to content

Blake, Regent and N.S (Nathan Scheinwald) Productions

2»

Comments

• Is Antony Veccola a name we should know in the poster world?
  • Pancho said:
    Is Antony Veccola a name we should know in the poster world?

Firstly I have discovered that his name, that I had taken off one of the www. closinglogos.com postings as being Antony Veccola, is actually Antonio Zeccola. If you would like to go into the official Palace Cinemas website if gives information on all about him and Palace Films. I will attempt to follow up with Blake Films involvement in the early days with Palace Films. I can't promise anything though but will try.
  • I have gradually been collecting information on small Australia independent film distributors mainly that operated from the 1950s to the 1980s.  I have just happened to find some fascinating information on one of these distributors that has rekindled my interest in publishing over time background details on some of these independents. The undisclosed distributor I mentioned that I have great details on would be the first one I would write about. I am currently working on a Warner Bros. logo and printers project but I certainly intend to introduce a new thread soon on Australian independent film distributors history. If anyone has any preference for a particular distributor please let me know? 
  • Another thing I have noticed is the number of small Cinema / Cinema Chain owners who imported their own films in the 1960s onwards.
  • I am currently researching and compiling information and will sometime in the future open a new thread titled ''Selective Australian Independent Film Distributors History From The 1950s To The 1980s''.  Blake, Regent  & N.S. ( Nathan Scheinwald ) productions will eventually be included in this thread.

• Another N.S Productions daybill. Although they're generally sexploitation titles, it appears that Mr. Scheinwald stayed true to his foreign language background:

• HONDO said:

I am currently researching and compiling information and will sometime in the future open a new thread titled ''Selective Australian Independent Film Distributors History From The 1950s To The 1980s''.  Blake, Regent  & N.S. ( Nathan Scheinwald ) productions will eventually be included in this thread.

Can you add Esquire Films to the list? I've found some of their titles lately and they all seem to be released here years after the rest of the world. I'm assuming they bought the films for next to nothing.
  • Will keep Esquire in mind but an image of their company name displayed on posters would be appreciated.

• edited June 2016
    I have a feeling that they all may relate to a cinema that was called the Esquire, but I'm not sure. It's always the same writing style:

• Esquire Films I don't believe is connected with a Cinema at all. The above Swedish film was passed for 35mm exhibition in Australia on the first of January, 1980. I believe Esquire Films was a very small ''poverty row''  Australian distributor of sexploitation films and probably only operated for a short period of time.
  • I probably have 6 or 8 Esquire posters and they all are sexploitation, including a couple that I've not been able to satisfactorily identify! My research suggests that all the posters I have are from 1980 onwards. I'm inclined to agree with you that they didn't last long. But I'm thankful for the level of wonderful trash they released!
  • Couple more N.S daybills (note the typo on the second one):

• edited July 2016
    There's words on the second one?

I got a pile of LCs done by MAPS, seems to be a few sexploitation in amongst them, must pull them out and look
  • They still appear from time to time:

• My latest from N. S. Productions: