Skip to content

eBay Links

There are many links to eBay auctions on VMP. Unfortunately if you provide a link to an ebay listing you are wasting your time. eBay removes the listings after a short period of time so if you click on the links all you get is:

"We looked everywhere. Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages".

So, what happens if you find out that you purchased something that was misrepresented eg posters listed in the thread "Buyer Beware"? You click on the link and the listing has vanished so you can't check the description or photo. It also means that some comments on this forum become meaningless.

If you check a listing on emovieposter or Heritage it is there forever for all to see. eBay is effectively hiding past listings so you cant go back and check on what you purchased. I know that the forum has been very quiet in recent times but I would be interested to hear what others think about the fact that eBay hides completed listings from view.

Comments

• I know all listings are removed after several months...or do you mean something else/sooner?
  • I know all listings are removed after several months...or do you mean something else/sooner?
    Yes, they are removed after about 90 days (approx) so if you find out that something you have purchased was misrepresented you cant go back and check the listing. 
  • Ah gotcha. 

Not a surprise for me at all.  I don't know that they hide them, it states someone they are only available for 90 days.  Dunno, doesn't really bother me.  Anyone else?