Skip to content

Screaming Bone-Crushing Horror Quiz.

Comments

• The Pit and the Pendulum?

I was thinking that myself but the candle image doesn't correspond with the image on the stock poster or the original Australian The Pit And The Pendulum daybill image. Vincent's open shirt looks the same though and the release period isn't quite right. But on saying that it could be but I am not 100% convinced at this stage.
  • Oh come on Ves...you should know. Ummm I was thinking, The Haunted Place maybe? probably not...
  • Matt said:
    Oh come on Ves...you should know. Ummm I was thinking, The Haunted Place maybe? probably not...

Not The Haunted Palace as Vincent had a goatee in the film.
  • Wha?

I was responding to John's question about the image he posted...what am I missing?

• Gees...I am slow...obviously need to go make myself a coffee...

You guys are talking about the stock poster?  Still think it's Pit and the Pendulum...that image of Price is on no daybill I have seen or own to date...besides...the image from The revenge of Dr Death isn't on the daybill or one sheet either...Pit and the Pendulum...as released by roadshow...

• Sorry The image from The Revenge Of Dr.Death on the stock poster beside Christopher Lee as Dracula pointing his finger is the same as the daybill image of The Revenge Of Dr.Death from Vincent Price with open mouth all the way up to the old house with the female face in it. I will comment on The Pit And The Pendulum shortly.
  • Sorry I was talking about the other image, above the vampire lady...
  • I was typing in a very good reason why I thought the image of Vincent Price is from The Pit And The Pendulum which was only released in Australia in 1971 until something made me check out another line of thought which on checking definitely proves the colour image of VP you posted with him holding the candle along with the similar one on the stock poster without the candle  isn't from The Pit And The Pendulum. A short break while I attend to an urgent matter but will return with the correct name of the film.

•  Madhouse aka The Revenge Of Dr.Death ( 1974 ).  Released by Roadshow.     

These images explain the reason for being unable to identifying a number of the stock poster images until now as I     wasn't looking far beyond the daybill.

The Australian daybill copied from the U.S. pressbook almost the same.

The Australian newspaper advertisement the same images as the U.S. one sheet. Note V.P. with the candles.

Interestingly the Australian one sheet design is different again and doesn't feature on the U.S.pressbook.

This now only leaves two images I need to identify definitely and one to confirm my thoughts.

• Which are the two images left?
  • Two images that remain unidentified.

• Ah keep forgetting that they use images from foreign material.  very good!  That image of Price in the middle where he was partially obscured by the skull was the one really bugging me!
  • Tower of Evil? Maybe?

• Did we identify the skull with the cobwebs?
  • Pancho said:
    Tower of Evil? Maybe?

Tower Of Evil ( aka Horror Of Snape Island ) ( 1972 ) was a good guess but I don't believe it is for two reasons. Eyes arrear to be closed compared to open eyes looking up but mainly because the Tower Of Evil daybill is BEF and not Roadshow.

• HONDO said:
    Pancho said:
    Tower of Evil? Maybe?

Tower Of Evil ( aka Horror Of Snape Island ) ( 1972 ) was a good guess but I don't believe it is for two reasons. Eyes arrear to be closed compared to open eyes looking up but mainly because the Tower Of Evil daybill is BEF and not Roadshow.

Dang!

Do you think the face is a vampire?
  • BUMP!

Y'know - I still regularly revisit this thread when I see an image that might be one of the unidentified ones in this thread! After all this time, I'm still drawing a blank! I thought I'd open the crypt on this thread and see if fresh eyes may shake something loose!

I also recall discussing this stock poster but can't locate the thread?

eMoviePostercom - Auction History
  • Pancho said:
    BUMP!

Y'know - I still regularly revisit this thread when I see an image that might be one of the unidentified ones in this thread! After all this time, I'm still drawing a blank! I thought I'd open the crypt on this thread and see if fresh eyes may shake something loose!

I also recall discussing this stock poster but can't locate the thread?

eMoviePostercom - Auction History
    Frustrating not being able to identify the remaining unsolved ones. I am always looking for answers though.

You will locate your conversation regarding this poster  within The Horror Quiz thread discussions that occurred between January and Febuary 2016.
  • Still several images unidentified in both of these stock posters - I wonder if the answer lies in foreign posters / paperwork?
  • edited September 2023
    I’ve found one!
  • The woman is upside down on the left of the Dracula AD 1972 one sheet!!
  • Pancho said:

No image to be seen.
  • HONDO said:

Two images that remain unidentified.

Pancho is referring to the image on the left hand side.

Well done Pancho for spotting Dracula A.D. 1972 ( 1972 ).

The international version of the following U.S.A, printed poster would have most likely have been used in Australia, and the inspiration for the Australian poster artist.

This now only leaves the remaining image to identify.

Do we perhaps need to look at other U.S. international one sheet artwork as well?
  • edited September 2023
    Cancelled.
  • The previous information I had earlier included here I have removed due to unconfirmed images.

A replacement entry I will include here shortly.
  • edited September 2023

The original Screaming Bone Crushing-Horror daybill under discussion here on this thread.                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                           This stock daybill was originally discussed on The Horror Quiz between January and February 2016. Pancho also raised in here on this thread in September and October 2020.

There is a number of the images on this daybill, including the above one that have not yet been answered,

• Kiss of the Tarantula?
  • Rick said:
    Kiss of the Tarantula?
    Excellent guess but I am not 100% convinced this to be the case though.

The woman and the tarantula scene, and the fact the film was a Roadshow release are plusses.  But what rules it out for me is the image on the above Australian daybill, along with the similar U.S.A. artwork, is completely different. 

Any other thoughts?