Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Eric Dare / Dare Films / House Of Dare Australian Daybills

HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

I am in the process of listing all the films that were released in Australia by Eric Dare / Dare Films / House Of Dare.

The following titles from the 1970s are the ones I am aware of.

BETTY BLOKK BUSTER FOLLIES

CITIZEN KANE ( re-release )

GULLIVER'S TRAVELS ( re-release )

HOPPITY GOES TO TOWN ( re-release )

KING KONG ( re-release )

Does anyone have any daybills or any other form of Australian posters with any mention of Eric Dare, Dare Films or House Of Dare printed on them?

Have daybill images of four of the five  above listed films but would love to see a daybill for the Citizen Kane  RR.

Lawrence

Comments

• HumphreyBogartHumphreyBogart Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I'd love to see the first release Citizen Kane daybill! 
    Reg
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I would be happy to see any Australian posters either first releases or re-release.
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I got nothing I'm afraid
    Thanks for looking.
    Lawrence

BETTY BLOKK BUSTER FOLLIES  one daybill style

CITIZEN KANE ( re-release )  nothing found

GULLIVER'S TRAVELS ( re-release ) Two different style daybills

HOPPITY GOES TO TOWN ( re-release ) Two Different style daybills

KING KONG ( re-release ) Two different style daybills

Lawrence
    HONDO said:

1960s

ELVIRA MADIGAN ( first release ) nothing found

THE MIKADO ( first release ) nothing found

Two more titles found from Eric Dare ---

Elvira Madigan ( 1967 )  released in Sydney June 14, 1968

Mikado, The ( 1967 ) released in Sydney June 14, 1968.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Added to above master list above also.

Lawrence
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,246 admin
    Got nothing in my lot either.
    David

HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

HEAT ( first release ) one daybill found

1960s

ELVIRA MADIGAN ( first release ) nothing found

FLESH ( first release in the 1970s ) Australian one sheet

THE MIKADO ( first release ) nothing found

Two more titles found from Eric Dare ---

Elvira Madigan ( 1967 )  released in Sydney June 14, 1968

Mikado, The ( 1967 ) released in Sydney June 14, 1968.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Added to above master list above also.

Two more titles. Flesh ( 1968 ) and Heat ( 1972 ) and both from Andy Warhol. Both films released in Australia around 1973. Both added to above master list.
    Lawrence
    edited January 2016

I recently discovered Eric Dare released product under the Garland Productions name. Titles found so far with daybills and also in some cases one sheets are as follows.

Autopsy ( 1975 )

Eyeball ( 1975 )

Girl In Room 2A ( 1974 )

Mouse And His Child, The ( 1977 )

Slave of The Cannibal God ( 1978 )

Slithis ( 1978 )

I would be pleased if anyone else knows of any other Garland Productions daybills or Australian one sheets to kindly inform us here on the thread.

Also I have sighted a version of Jack and The Beanstalk from 1974  that shows on the daybill '' Presented By Eric Dare''.

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence

Two more Garland Productions daybills identified as follows -

Eaten Alive ( 1980 )

Nutcracker Fantasy ( 1979 )

Another House Of Dare film -

Farewell Uncle Tom ( 1971 ) ( no distributor credited on daybill or Australian one sheet but the applicant who originally submitted the film under the title of Uncle Tom was listed as being House Of Dare. )

Lawrence

Another daybill poster sighted with Eric Dare Presents on the poster.

Man From Deep River ( 1972 )

Lawrence
    edited February 2016
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Eric Dare Presents -

The Shoemaker And The Elves ( The Shoemaker ) ( 1956 ) Originally released in West Germany in 1956 , then the U.S.A. in 1967 and Australia in the 1970s.

Looking back over the product Eric Dare released in Australia he appeared to attempt to cater to the very young audiences as well as importing product with a very adult content.
    Lawrence
  • TechnicolouryawnTechnicolouryawn Member Posts: 21 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    I recently wrote a book chapter on the distribution of Italian cannibal films in Melbourne and Dare was very prominent. Basically, it would seem that the outstanding success of MAN FROM DEEP RIVER financed the early stage success of Reg Livermore!

At work over night, but when home tomorrow and can access my notes I will try and fill in as many other Dare / Garland titles. 
    That would be great.
    Lawrence
  • PanchoPancho Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I recently wrote a book chapter on the distribution of Italian cannibal films in Melbourne and Dare was very prominent. Basically, it would seem that the outstanding success of MAN FROM DEEP RIVER financed the early stage success of Reg Livermore!

At work over night, but when home tomorrow and can access my notes I will try and fill in as many other Dare / Garland titles. 
    I collect horror / exploitation posters and I think I may have daybills for all the Italian cannibals films released in the 70s and 80s. Would you have a list of cannibal films released in that period that you could share? Please?
    Another daybill poster sighted from the Eric Dare stable is The Hottest Show In Town ( 1974 ).
    Submitted to the Australian film censor by the applicant The House Of Dare in 1981. The film ended up being credited as Garland Productions on the daybill. 
    Lawrence
    Another important release by Eric Dare was The Pawnbroker  ( 1964 ), released in Australia in 1967. No Australian posters sighted. Does anyone have an image?
    Lawrence
  • collectaholliccollectahollic Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited February 15
    @HONDO I take it from above you've already sighted this one.

Wil
    edited February 15

Thanks anyway for the image Wil, as images are always appreciated. 

An ideal opportunity now to update this thread with some additions.

Shinbone Alley ( 1970 ) 'Presented by Eric Dare' daybill sighted.

The Man From Button Willow'  ( 1965 ) 'Eric Dare Proudly Presents Australian daybill & one sheet images sighted.

Last Of The Wild ( West Germany ) ( unknown date  ) Classified by the Australian censor in 1971.  House Of Dare was the importer.

2069 A Sex Odyssey ( 1974 ) From Garland Productions daybill sighted

Maniac ( 1980 ) Garland Productions Australian one sheet sighted.

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence

I just noticed this from March 2016, too years ago. I would have loved to have received back any information that would have been available.

Pancho said:

I collect horror / exploitation posters and I think I may have daybills for all the Italian cannibals films released in the 70s and 80s. Would you have a list of cannibal films released in that period that you could share? Please?
    Pancho was another interested party also.

Lawrence

Another Eric Dare release in Australia was Andy Warhol's Heat ( 1972 ). House Of Dare was the applicant's name when the film was submitted for censorship, but Eric Dare presents appears on the daybill.

Lawrence

Another title to be listed is The Swinging Cheerleaders ( 1974 ). Credited as being Garland Productions on the Australian daybill.

The Pawnbroker ( 1964 ). Previously mentioned on this thread and a daybill has since turned up with ''L. Williams In Association With Eric Dare Present'' appearing on the poster. 
    Lawrence