Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Unidentified (presumed European) sexploitation daybill

PanchoPancho Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
Hi guys,

I picked this title up recently from John:

The OFLC database shows that Filmways had this film passed with an R rating in June 1981. It has no director listed (not uncommon) and says it's US in origin and was produced by Triumph.

There's no IMDB listing that I can find, Googling has revealed nothing and my rookie attempts to sift through Trove have also resulted in nada.

So I turn to you guys - any ideas what stone I can turn over next? The Blake and Filmways films of this genre from this period are nearly always European in origin so I think that that mention of the US on the OFLC site might be wrong. I've emailed the OFLC to see if they have any extra detail available, such as the year of production.

The blandness of the title makes online searching tricky, too!

I'm thinking the production company might be the best clue, but so far any Triumph company I've found doesn't seem to have any pre-June 1981 films that could be this one. 

The run time on the OFLC site suggests a heavily edited film - the run time is only 62 minutes - so experience suggests that the film is likely to be from several years earlier than 1981; most likely a early to mid 1970s film.

I love researching these mystery films but this one has me stumped! HELP! 

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

It looks like you have researched this title extensively.

The best I can come up with is a film titled Computer Game from the U.S.A. dated 1969 produced by Kirt Films and released by Distribpix Inc. in the U.S.A. The running time being 63 minutes. Apart from the singular and plural name difference and the difference in the production company name I think with a similar running time, name and country of origin there is a distinct possibility these two films may be the same.

Lawrence
  • RickRick Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    wonder if the film inspired the Mi-Sex song, a hit in Australia is 1979
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,232 admin
  • JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter

I couldn't find anything about the poster. There are another couple of films with similar names but I don't think they match. I think Computer Games might be late 70s early 80s.

Another one I couldn't find anything about was this one from Blake Films ....

John

John said:

I couldn't find anything about the poster. There are another couple of films with similar names but I don't think they match. I think Computer Games might be late 70s early 80s.

Another one I couldn't find anything about was this one from Blake Films ....

I still think Computer Games is possibly the film I mentioned previously from the U.S.A. and due to various reasons including censorship concerns it probably wasn't released here until the time period you mentioned.

Regarding Beast Of Pleasure though it definitely is a French film from 1975 originally titled La Bete A Plaisir in France. It was produced by Maki Films. Pre cut by Blake films from 76 minutes to 69 minutes the film was passed with a R certificate in Australian by the censor on the 1 / 5 / 1981. 

Lawrence

Thanks for the information about Beast of Pleasure. Not entirely sure about Computer Games but you could well be right.

John

edited December 2015

Here is another one that had me stumped for a while. I was able to find out the original title but lets see if anyone else can work it out before I give the answer.

John

This is all I know. Submitted and passed by the Australian censor on 1 / 9 / 1977 under the title A Tough Rooster Doesn't Get Fat this German film from Cine International apparently had a slight title change to what appears on the daybill. I was unable to track down the original German title.
    Lawrence
    Choke the Chicken?
    David
    David said:
    Choke the Chicken?

In German Please ?
    Lawrence

Here is the answer .....

Ein guter Hahn wird selten fett 1976 aka All Around Service aka Placer a domicilio aka Close Encounters of a Handyman USA aka All Around Service Girls

John

$10 worth of research, $5 poster.

=) 

David
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    David said:

=) 

Make that $12 i also did a quick bit of research, the actor looked like a young John Waters but confirm its not. Hey dont make fun of me all actors start somewhere!
  • PanchoPancho Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    David said:

=) 

I get where you're coming from, but in all seriousness, some of these posters are extremely scarce due to their initial limited appeal / releases. Many of the exploitation daybills I've picked up for $10 - $20 are posters I've not seen again! Some may argue that's for the best, but to each their own I guess!  :)

Collecting these Z grade drive in T & A schlock is much easier on the wallet than 50 year old horror titles, that's for sure!

HONDO said:

The best I can come up with is a film titled Computer Game from the U.S.A. dated 1969 produced by Kirt Films and released by Distribpix Inc. in the U.S.A. The running time being 63 minutes. Apart from the singular and plural name difference and the difference in the production company name I think with a similar running time, name and country of origin there is a distinct possibility these two films may be the same.

I was hoping the Sextronics reference on the poster would be a good clue too, but can't find a meaningful reference online that works.

Can't vouch for it's validity, but it is suggested that the Computer Game film you've mentioned was also released as Hot Channels. Dates for the film vary between 1970 and 1973 and it appears the director was a R.G Benjamin - no doubt a pseudonym as this appears to be his only credit.

Pancho said:

HONDO said:

I was hoping the Sextronics reference on the poster would be a good clue too, but can't find a meaningful reference online that works.

Can't vouch for it's validity, but it is suggested that the Computer Game film you've mentioned was also released as Hot Channels. Dates for the film vary between 1970 and 1973 and it appears the director was a R.G Benjamin - no doubt a pseudonym as this appears to be his only credit.

It may or may not be also titled Hot Channels but I have nothing else I can add as I really don't know the answer.
    Lawrence
    I received an answer back from the OFLC but sadly it had nothing more than what was already on the website. It's quite amazing (well it is to me!) that posters exist that we can't identify. As a younger man I always figured the Internet would fill in the gaps in our collective knowledge, but nowdays it seems almost the reverse. I reckon some of the members here easily have seen more and know more than IMDB or Wikipedia.
    Pancho said:
    As a younger man I always figured the Internet would fill in the gaps in our collective knowledge, but nowdays it seems almost the reverse. 
    The internet for younger men requires older men to fill in the gaps, it all takes time and we like nana sleeps...
    David