It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'm going to hinge some artwork using rice paper and wheat starch paste.
Despite following the instructions the wheat starch paste was still little clumpy.
I'm thinking I might need a stiffer brush to mix, cook less in the microwave, more water.
Charlie Dario Mark and others ! Keen for your thoughts!
1. Place 6 tsps. Water in 4 oz. Container. Slowly add 1 tsp. Dry wheat starch, stirring until it is completely mixed.
2. Place uncovered container off center in microwave oven. Cook at medium-high stirring every 10 seconds.
3. After approximately 30 to 35 seconds of cooking, the paste will thicken and become translucent.
4. Cover and let stand until cool.
5.Strain a small amount of the paste through strainer (I used a tea strainer, some other websites say to use cheese cloth or Japanese strainer)
6) Slowly mix the strained paste with cool distilled water until the paste reaches the consistency of mayonnaise
***even at step 6 when I careful added the smallest amount of water then used a brush to stir it did not dissolve into a smooth paste... still tiny clumps!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!