Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Merry Christmas!

The Adventures of Robin Hood Australian 3 Sheet

15678911»

Comments

• RickRick Member Posts: 769 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    i recognise that Robin Hood flyer. If anyone wants one, i have it for sale
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    edited September 21

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence
    edited September 21
    Information included  with previous image deleted, as wrong button pressed by me.
    Lawrence
  • darolodarolo Member Posts: 27 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Victory Publicity started using the VP logo (the type used on that Robin Hood 3 sheet) in about May 1946 on Warner Brothers, RKO and 20th Fox posters, before then the Warner ones (daybills anyway) simply printed the Victory name at the bottom. The new logo was an update of their old one which had their name in a rectangular box and that logo was generally only used on the larger paper. Unlike in the U.S. Victory Publicity seemed to be the only printer that had any sort of logo.
    Dave
    HONDO said:

Before the logo with VP in a black circle preceding Victory Publicity Pty Ltd in a box was introduced in the mid 1940s there appears to have been a few other logos used in the early 1940s as shown above. 

The top logo on 20th Century Fox and United Artists posters. The Victory Publicity Pty.Ltd. Melb. logo on Warner Bros. posters. The Litho by Victory Publicity Pty. Ltd. Melb.found on one United Artists one sheet from 1945. Also a Warner Bros. daybill with Victory Publicity Pty.Ltd. Melb. Syd.  on the one line and unboxed from 1946 found. All other posters  found from 1945 onwards had changed over to the last logo showing above. One exception was a daybill printed for RKO Radio for the title Escape To Burma in 1955 with only Victory Publicitty Litho printed on the poster ( unboxed ). One sheets and 3 sheets in the 1950s that I have sighted, apart from this daybill, all have the logo just above printed on them. 

A repeat of some information I had previously posted on this thread in April 2016.
    Lawrence
  • darolodarolo Member Posts: 27 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Here's Pot O Gold 1sheet from around the Robin Hood era with the old VP logo. 

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,291 admin