Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Is really this poster worth this much...is it ...rare?

MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
EMP sold it in 2005 for $690 and now Sr Benito is asking for $3,900...(!) I know Benito has an exquisite collection and he is pricey. But wondered if this was  a rare poster? Just curious to know what you think in case you have seen other copies around. I love this poster.

The legion of the Comdened  (1927)

photo french_1p_legion_of_the_condemned_linen_zpssgehizdbjpg
Rosa -
Love some paper

Best Answers

Answers

• MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Thank you all for giving me such a goof food for thought. Those who know me well also know that I've been dreaming about this poster for a long time. As David said, 2005 was a long time ago, Paul nailed it ..just as well buy it ..and Ves just read my mind...when it comes to beautiful paper....we deserve it !

Watch this space...I will see if I  can get a good deal ....

thank you!
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Mirosae said:
    Thank you all for giving me such a goof food for thought. Those who know me well also know that I've been dreaming about this poster for a long time. As David said, 2005 was a long time ago, Paul nailed it ..just as well buy it ..and Ves just read my mind...when it comes to beautiful paper....we deserve it !

Watch this space...I will see if I  can get a good deal ....

thank you!

Woweeee...this is vicariously very fun!
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• BrudeBrude Member Posts: 265 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    That is a beauty. Have you got your hands on one yet??
    Hi Ted, I went to a poster hunting to Paris and didn't find it. The name "Benito" came up more than once (he owns a copy) but what I  heard wasn't very positive. That said I  can only say good things about Benito and I  cannot fault him for wanting to make a living out of his wonderful posters.

Will see how it goes. Thank you for stopping by!
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
  • dlrichardsdlrichards Member Posts: 3 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    I've purchased several silent film posters from Benito.  He DOES negotiate as far as price and always seems to have great items.  I bought an "American Venus" one sheet in wonderful condition for $2,200 which I thought was a great price. 
    Thats good to know. Ive spoken to him several times and he is really nice. Will try to negotiate. Maybe you coukd share your American Venus? Just curious. :)
    Rosa -
    Love some paper