Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Merry Christmas!

Is really this poster worth this much...is it ...rare?

MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
EMP sold it in 2005 for $690 and now Sr Benito is asking for $3,900...(!) I know Benito has an exquisite collection and he is pricey. But wondered if this was  a rare poster? Just curious to know what you think in case you have seen other copies around. I love this poster.

The legion of the Comdened  (1927)

photo french_1p_legion_of_the_condemned_linen_zpssgehizdbjpg
Rosa -
Love some paper

Best Answers

Answers

• MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Thank you all for giving me such a goof food for thought. Those who know me well also know that I've been dreaming about this poster for a long time. As David said, 2005 was a long time ago, Paul nailed it ..just as well buy it ..and Ves just read my mind...when it comes to beautiful paper....we deserve it !

Watch this space...I will see if I  can get a good deal ....

thank you!
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Mirosae said:
    Thank you all for giving me such a goof food for thought. Those who know me well also know that I've been dreaming about this poster for a long time. As David said, 2005 was a long time ago, Paul nailed it ..just as well buy it ..and Ves just read my mind...when it comes to beautiful paper....we deserve it !

Watch this space...I will see if I  can get a good deal ....

thank you!

Woweeee...this is vicariously very fun!
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• BrudeBrude Member Posts: 265 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    That is a beauty. Have you got your hands on one yet??
    Hi Ted, I went to a poster hunting to Paris and didn't find it. The name "Benito" came up more than once (he owns a copy) but what I  heard wasn't very positive. That said I  can only say good things about Benito and I  cannot fault him for wanting to make a living out of his wonderful posters.

Will see how it goes. Thank you for stopping by!
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
  • dlrichardsdlrichards Member Posts: 3 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    I've purchased several silent film posters from Benito.  He DOES negotiate as far as price and always seems to have great items.  I bought an "American Venus" one sheet in wonderful condition for $2,200 which I thought was a great price. 
    Thats good to know. Ive spoken to him several times and he is really nice. Will try to negotiate. Maybe you coukd share your American Venus? Just curious. :)
    Rosa -
    Love some paper