Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

The Animation Quiz

1234568»

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,137 admin
    #44 - is not My Little Pony...can't see the slaughter of a cute horse working with kids...they really need to harden up

#45 - likely a musical (dancing cup cakes?) so something by Melody Time or Silly Symphony. title no idea
    David
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    David said:
    #44 - is not My Little Pony...can't see the slaughter of a cute horse working with kids...they really need to harden up

#45 - likely a musical (dancing cup cakes?) so something by Melody Time or Silly Symphony. title no idea

Great thinking. #44 has an Australian one sheet which states '' Rated ''G'' For Great Family Entertainment'', so one would believe the pony escapes alive. For #45 it is indeed from a Walt Disney Silly Symphony.
    Lawrence
    edited August 2017
    HONDO said:
     The crows in Dumbo in 1941.

While I wait for answers to 44 & 45, a little information I thought you may like to read about ''the crows'', taken from an Australian newspaper story published to promote the original release in Australia in 1942 of Dumbo.
    Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 565 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    #44 and #45 are really tough.  I cheated, so I won't answer.  Even when I knew the answer to #44, I found I had never heard of the cartoon.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:
    #44 and #45 are really tough.  I cheated, so I won't answer.  Even when I knew the answer to #44, I found I had never heard of the cartoon.

Sorry the images were a little hard. Some clues for others then. # 44 clue is 1960's independently made film and # 45 is from 1935.

Lawrence

Answer to # 44 is The Man From Button Willow ( 1965 ), a long forgotten, to most people, rare animated western cartoon feature.

#45 answer is a Walt Disney Silly Symphony short titled The Cookie Carnival ( 1935 ).

The next lot I will have to make much easier.

Lawrence
    edited August 2017

46                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    47

Name the film titles.

Lawrence

For images 46 and 47 I cannot figure out why in the dickens the two images remain unanswered.

Lawrence
    HONDO said:

For images 46 and 47 I cannot figure out why in the dickens the two images remain unanswered.

Actually there are two clues above.

Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 565 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    OK, I'm trying to give others a chance.  #47 is Micky's Christmas Carol.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:
    OK, I'm trying to give others a chance.  #47 is Micky's Christmas Carol.

Correct it is Mickey's Christmas Carol from 1983,

Now for # 46. For those with small children you surely have watched this film with them at some time or another?

Lawrence

# 46 answer is Rio 2 ( 2014 ). Has anyone seen it ?

Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Was on telly over the weekend.  Taped it for the girls, but haven't seen it :(

48 ( above )

49 ( above )

50 ( above )

Name the above film titles. Some great outdoor images this time.

Lawrence
    Clues for # 48 and # 49 are Silly Sympathy and for # 50 you need to think down under.
    Lawrence

Disappointing, with no answers received or any attempts to answer by anyone, and I had thought Little Hiawatha wasn't all that difficult for anyone interested in animation.  

The answers for the record are -

# 48 Little Hiawatha ( aka Hiawatha ) ( 1937 ). Walt Disney Silly Symphony short.

# 49 Little Hiawatha ( aka Hiawatha ) ( 1937 ) again. Walt Disney Silly Symphony short.

# 50 Blinky Bill The  Movie  ( 2015 ). Australian feature film.

This quiz I intend to replace and my efforts will be channeled into a revival of The Science Fiction Quiz. After The Horror Quiz, my top rated quiz with 5.2k views, my second place rated quiz with 5k views is Science Fiction Quiz and it is coming shortly.

Lawrence