Skip to content

Yeah, so, I am watching this..,

Comments

• Not seen it, but the trailer doesn't suggest I should either

• Yeah I know, but I like to watch as many aussie films as I can get my hands on.  Some you think that will be crap, are surprisingly good...but not this one, yeah...nuff said!
  •  If you like well written drama you should like this TV mini series from the U.K. which started in 2013. The series is shot back to back in English and then in Welsh, with both versions having being screened. The version of Hinterland that I have viewed is the English version and I have viewed all the episodes made to date. Highly recommended for lovers of U.K. police dramas.
  • The Richest Girl In the World - 1934

Was a fun light movie of that time period.  I must say I don't recall seeing Miriam Hopkins in anything else, but she was loverly.  Will have to look at what else she has been in.

Must say the ending felt very underwhelming...it was almost a blink and you miss it thing!

• One of my all time favorite relaxation movies...1963- The Great Escape. 
    4th of July Scene...

• The Richest Girl In the World - 1934

Was a fun light movie of that time period.  I must say I don't recall seeing Miriam Hopkins in anything else, but she was loverly.  Will have to look at what else she has been in.

Must say the ending felt very underwhelming...it was almost a blink and you miss it thing!

Ohhhhhh 
    She is just wonderful in "Trouble in Paradise " with Kay Francis.  One of the best 30s movies directed by Lutbitsch . And so iconic and funny!

Need to watch this one..thank you!
  • Great daybill Ves!  ;)
  • Most enjoyable, if not for anything else but to watch the quality of the gags

•  I have just finished watching the three episodes made for season 5 of the U.K. series Scott & Bailey. Top notch acting and story lines in this police drama and hopefully the powers to be will commission a series 6.
  • Playing in the background...Up. Very good kids movie. 

• Up is a very good adult movie too.

=) 
  • Indeed...good life messages... :)
  • Great acting too...
  • Watched the dirctor's cut of Wrath of Khan and it was awesome!
  • Much better than I expected.  The bird was stunning...must get to Healesville Sanctuary.

Not sure why I was expecting something sub par...I pretty much love everything Hugo Weaving is in, and you forget how watchable Don Hany is.

Nice pace, predictable story, but would recommend if you come across it on the telly.

• David said:
    Most enjoyable, if not for anything else but to watch the quality of the gags

Gosh I must get this on DVD if I don't already have it.

Time to introduce the 6 year old to some comedic brilliance!

• The Man in the White Suit

Just wonderful, such a delightful film...my first time viewing it and it was fantastic.

Lots of fun and Guinness is spectacular :)

Followed up with The Lady Says No

Exactly as expected.  Fun romantic comedy...

• Much better than I expected.  The bird was stunning...must get to Healesville Sanctuary.

Not sure why I was expecting something sub par...I pretty much love everything Hugo Weaving is in, and you forget how watchable Don Hany is.

Nice pace, predictable story, but would recommend if you come across it on the telly.

Looks well shot. 

Healesville is great to btw
  •  Saw this film today based on some early American history. Very entertaining and makes you think about it long after the film is over. A gem amongst all the mainly mediocre films, such as Suicide Squad and Bad Moms, screening in cinemas around Australia at present. Highly recommended.
  • But the big question is....can you understand what he is saying?????
  • But the big question is....can you understand what he is saying?????

In this particular case most of the time you can.
  • Thank you, I will add it to my list. I heard good things about it.
  • I had the most wonderful time watching this film. It is absolutely marvellous. The Palm Beach Story  directed by Preston Sturges.  This is the Italian poster (Benito)

photo 23644_zpsjfxy2q6zjpg>
  • Anyone has watched a very good "bad" film? Well...I watched "Down with love" a new take on "Pillow Talk" . Well, I laughed, my boyfriend hated it, it was so bad,  that i really enjoyed it, it was in fact very "good". 

• I'm married, I've watched many a good bad film... ;)
  • Mirosae said:
    I had the most wonderful time watching this film. It is absolutely marvellous. The Palm Beach Story  directed by Preston Sturges.  This is the Italian poster (Benito)

photo 23644_zpsjfxy2q6zjpg>
    Have never seen the movie; love the poster; like McCrea-he was wonderful in Sullivan's Travels, and Colbert is a great character actress!
  • You will like this one then Mark, it has all the good bits :)  
  • Free State of Jones...  It's always good to understand the atrocities of bigotry so as not to repeat them and understand the assholes still stuck in its grasp.
  • The Palm Beach Story is one of Preston Sturges very best movies. The scene where Rudy Vallee serenades Colbert and thus unwittingly helps his rival seduce her is brilliant. It is up there with Love Me Tonight and Trouble in Paradise as one of the greatest romantic comedies. If you liked a movie like "When Harry Met Sally", you are almost sure to love the above three.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Clint Eastwood & Tom Hanks pull off a great movie! Just finished watching Sully...