Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

From Russia With Love - What year was this one sheet released?

2»

Comments

• RobRob Member Posts: 62 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    This FRWL 3 sheet is currently for sale on emovieposter.com.  It has now been verified as a second printing and looks exactly the same as Johns.

• HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Big difference in the quality of the artwork.
    Lawrence
    HONDO said:

Post 1971 press sheet for the Australian re-release of From Russia With Love. Interestingly one sheets and 3 sheets are not listed under accessories.
    What is something different and out of place with the artwork? I didn't mention it previously and no one to date has picked up on it. Any thoughts?
    Lawrence
    Sean Connery is holding the pistol in his left hand, yet when he shoots in the movies he shoots right handed??

I think I should stop drinking, he is holding the pistol in his right hand........
    Some assistance to help you. You can rule out the images of Sean Connery and the actresses as being what you need to look out for. Think decade.
    Lawrence
    HONDO said:
    Some assistance to help you. You can rule out the images of Sean Connery and the actresses as being what you need to look out for. Think decade.
    You have me stumped Lawrence!!

O.k. as no one has been able to answer my original question of ''what is different and out of place with the artwork?'', I will express my thoughts.The United Artists logo appearing on the press sheet would have been the one used on the original 1964 release Australian press sheet. The above press sheet was circulated for the post 1971 re-release of ''From Russia With Love'' and the original ''not suitable for children'' censorship rating was changed to ''NRC'', but the original United Artists logo wasn't replaced by this logo format, that was normally applied to Australian press sheets in the 1970's. This logo presentation was different from Australian daybills, one sheets and 3 sheet posters, that would have had in the 1970's either    or  appearing on them instead.Both styles were used in the 1970's on film posters.

Lawrence
    Lawrence, you are a well of information!!