Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Support Our Sponsors:

Lots of old stuff

Visit Moviemem

Now open!

Advertise here - click to read how

Large 3 SHEET POSTERS

comedyclassiccomedyclassic Member Posts: 1
Hello

Newbie here!  :)

I'd like to start collecting the large 3 Sheet Posters but finding it very difficult to find them.
I'm mostly interested in UK Comedy Posters from the 60's & 70's.

Any advice would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks
comedy

Comments

• MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Hello and welcome  :) i am sure Paul can help, he knows all about UK posters  =)
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member Posts: 337 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    Hopefully Paul has a handle on it.  You see US 3 sheets regularly, but UK ones never seem to show up here in the states.  Quads, yes and FOH/lobbies.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • BruceBruce Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    They are not THAT hard to find. One auction house alone has auctioned 847 of them!

See those here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/tag/xtype%253AEnglish%2520three-sheet/archive.html

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Excellent display Bruce. Two things that stood out to me were about 16% were from stage productions and the number of film posters from the silent period was impressive.
    Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member Posts: 337 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    I stand corrected, Bruce.  That's what I get for not doing my usual research.

I did know about the ones for the fairy tale stage plays.  You are putting those up in every single 3 sheet auction and have them fixed price as well.  I always figured somebody dumped a semi load of those on you a decade ago :)

BTW, comedyclassic, Bruce usually has an auction of oversized posters every couple of months.  He had one last month, and I would expect to see one soon after his major auction in mid-June.  You can probably expect a number of 3 sheets of better titles to show up during the June (8-20) major auction.  Only Bruce can promise that, but there are almost always 3 sheets included.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • PaulPaul Member, Quad Master Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Hello CC,   Welcome to the forum.

There are Comedy UK 3 sheets out there, but they are quite scarce compared to Quads say, as most 3 sheets were pasted to boards, so there isn't many around. Also they were mostly for use outside of the UK Mainland, which again adds to the scarcity of them.

You just need time and some patients, as this won't be a quick search. As has been said check Emovieposter site, Ebay, and sometimes Ebid.  After that you're in the hands of dealers, who usually want top Dollar, however some are more willing than others to negotiate. Though I guess finding the posters will be more of a chew than getting a good price from a dealer. If there's anything you're particularly after drop me a line I may know someone...   
    It's more than a Hobby...
  • 110x75110x75 Member Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter

Paul said:

You just need time and some patients,

Didn't know CC was a doctor!  ;)
  • BruceBruce Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭ Daybiller

110x75 said:

Paul said:

You just need time and some patients,

Didn't know CC was a doctor!  ;)

That is my second favorite typo after "mute point" (but I will remain silent about that one)!
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • 110x75110x75 Member Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter