Lucio Fulci — The Vintage Movie Posters Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

This Month's Monthly Movie Clip of the errr...month

A Christmas Story (1983)
"You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!"
Do NOT click here until December 1st because if you do you will be whomped up the side of your head
Woot! Santa is coming!

Support Our Sponsors:

Lots of old stuff

Visit Moviemem

Now open!

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Lucio Fulci

PanchoPancho Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
Hey gang!

I like putting little collections together within my collection using a variety of labels, and posters by director is one of them.

The Italian director, Lucio Fulci, released some great stuff from the last 60s to the mid 90s and I have endeavored over the years to grab as many of his daybills as I could. In my collection I have daybills for the following films (I tend to stay away from his non-horror films):

* Operation Saint Peter's (Operazione San Pietro) 1967
* One On Top Of The Other A.K.A Perversion Story (Una Sull'altra) 1969
* A Woman in a Lizard's Skin A.K.A Schizoid (Una lucertola con la pelle di donna) 1971
* Zombie Flesh Eaters A.K.A Zombie (Zombi 2) 1979
* City of the Living Dead A.K.A The Gates of Hell (Paura nella città dei morti viventi) 1980
* The Beyond ( ...E tu vivrai nel terrore! L'aldilà) 1981
* The House by the Cemetery (Quella villa accanto al cimitero) 1981
* Possessed A.K.A Manhattan Baby (L'occhio del male) 1982

There are several of his better known films - such as: The Black Cat 1981, The Psychic 1977 and Don't Torture a Duckling 1972 - that I've (so far) been unable to locate Australian paper for. Nothing with Aussie censors makes sense, but the absence of some of these 70s films does seem odd.

I'd love to hear from anyone who might have some extra information of Australian Fulci posters.

Comments

• RickRick Member Posts: 666 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited December 6
    I didn't realise Operation St Peter and and One on Top of the Other were Fulci titles. Can you post an image for Woman in a Lizard's Skin? Sorry I don't have the others.
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Pancho said:
    Hey gang!

I like putting little collections together within my collection using a variety of labels, and posters by director is one of them.

The Italian director, Lucio Fulci, released some great stuff from the last 60s to the mid 90s and I have endeavored over the years to grab as many of his daybills as I could. In my collection I have daybills for the following films (I tend to stay away from his non-horror films):

* Operation Saint Peter's (Operazione San Pietro) 1967
    * One On Top Of The Other A.K.A Perversion Story (Una Sull'altra) 1969
    * A Woman in a Lizard's Skin A.K.A Schizoid (Una lucertola con la pelle di donna) 1971
    * Zombie Flesh Eaters A.K.A Zombie (Zombi 2) 1979
    * City of the Living Dead A.K.A The Gates of Hell (Paura nella città dei morti viventi) 1980
    * The Beyond ( ...E tu vivrai nel terrore! L'aldilà) 1981
    * The House by the Cemetery (Quella villa accanto al cimitero) 1981
    * Possessed A.K.A Manhattan Baby (L'occhio del male) 1982

There are several of his better known films - such as: The Black Cat 1981, The Psychic 1977 and Don't Torture a Duckling 1972 - that I've (so far) been unable to locate Australian paper for. Nothing with Aussie censors makes sense, but the absence of some of these 70s films does seem odd.

I'd love to hear from anyone who might have some extra information of Australian Fulci posters.
    It certainly appears that The Blact Cat, The Psychic and Don't Torture A Duckling were never imported into Australia, for whatever reason. Lots of films from the 1970's and 1980's never made it to our shores.
    Lawrence
  • PanchoPancho Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited December 6
    I agree with you Hondo, insomuch as that many films never reached Oz, for whatever reason. I guess we all like to chase the unicorn - so I never give up hope, even if there hasn't been anything even resembling proof of a poster!

For example, at least 2 of Jean Rollin's films were released here in Australia, but 'traditional' research wouldn't tell you so!

For example, his 1971 film 'The Shiver of the Vampires' was released locally in 1977 as 'Terror of the Vampire'. Apart from the fact that the film is not known by that title anywhere else in the world (as far as I know) - so you'd never search for it under that title - to compound matters it was passed for classification by the OFLC under its original FRENCH title 'Le Frisson des Vampires'! AND the OFLC has NO director listed in its entry for the film!

So a search for the film by title OR director would give zero results - but it exists!

It's only because I found the poster that I decided to find out its story. I'm sure more poster mysteries like this one are out there - hopefully there's a Fulci find in there!

For those of you playing at home, the other Rollin film is 'Demoniacs'; released in Australia as 'Demoniacs: Revenge of the Virgins' and listed in the OFLC under its original French title 'Les Demoniaques'. It was also released by Regent Films in 1977 with an almost identical poster, so - apart from chasing Fulci paper - hopefully there are more Rollin daybills out there waiting to be discovered!
  • RickRick Member Posts: 666 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Thanks Mark. i have that terror of the vampire, didn't know it was Fulci
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I am looking into some of the  information provided by Mark and I would love to see an image of the Australian Regenr films daybill for Demoniacs Revenge Of The Virgins, please. 
    Lawrence
    Rick said:
    Thanks Mark. i have that terror of the vampire, didn't know it was Fulci

Hi Rick. It's not Fulci, it's Jean Rollin :-)
    HONDO said:
    I am looking into some of the  information provided by Mark and I would love to see an image of the Australian Regenr films daybill for Demoniacs Revenge Of The Virgins, please. 

I know Rick and I both have a copy. I'll have a dig around over the weekend - I don't think there's an image online.