Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

In the end, it's all about the music isn't it??

rockabilly777rockabilly777 Member Posts: 158 ✭✭ One-Sheeter

I'm not sure this warrants it's own thread, but it seemed inappropriate for the recent acquisitions thread. I suppose I could use this thread as a journal of bringing this thing back up to fully functional form. This is my first foray into this kinda thing, and while I possess decent mechanical aptitude, I have no actual learned skills, so it will be a learning experience. What the heck am I talking about anyway? Since I, like most here, am an appreciator of all kinds of music, I bought a 1951 AMI D40 jukebox. There's a short but cute romantic story that goes along with the purchase, but I'll get into that later. The pics posted here are not of mine. I just sourced them from Google Images. The appearance is the same, including the finish, but I haven't even taken any "before" pics of it yet so these will have to do. See what you think:

1951 AMI D40 jukebox

1951 AMI D40 jukebox right side

1951 AMI D40 jukebox left side

Mine is functional and is set up to play 45's, but was originally designed to play 78's. However, it takes an adapter ring to fit around the 45 to make it the same size as a 78, and I only have 2. The D40 accommodates 20 records (each with 2 sides, which gives it the "40" in it's designation), so one of the first things I have to do is see if there's a source for these things. Just searching thru Google, it would appear not. I'm wondering if I could go a 3D printing route. Anyhow, enough blabbering for now. This thing spent all of it's life in a bar somewhere in Ohio, so it desperately needs a thorough cleaning. More pics to come.

Comments