Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Interesting Film Title Changes

HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Quatermass 11 ( 1957 ) Country of origin U.K quad, a  retitled  Enemy From Space U.S.A. insert and retitled once more as Birth Of A Monster Australian daybill. All nice artwork. One can understand America changing the title, but one wonders why it was necessary to alter the name again for Australia, instead of just using what seems a perfectly good title in Enemy From Space. Keep in mind as well that the Australian censors detested monsters in any shape or form, so the Enemy From Space title would have been, one would have thought, the way to have gone.

Lawrence

Comments

• MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,077 admin

Circus of Horrors 1960. changed that to Phantom of the Circus???

3m488 CIRCUS OF HORRORS insert 60 outrageous horror art of super sexy trapeze girl hanging by neck8d625 CIRCUS OF HORRORS Aust daybill 60 different sexy trapeze stone litho Phantom of the Circus

• HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    The Yvonne De Carlo & Rod Cameron 1945 film with three titles as follows -

Frontier Gal in the U,S,A,
    The Bride Wasn't Willing in the U.K.
    The Lady Objects in Australia. Usually in Australia with title changes we would have had either the U.S or the U.K. title, but not in this case.
    Lawrence
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

How To Stuff a Wild Bikini ( 1965 ) U.S.A. title altered to How to Fill A Wild Bikini in Australia. A friend of mine had a U.S. lobby card that was used in Australia with the word stuff covered with fill. It was so obvious I had to laugh at the time when I saw it.
    Lawrence