Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

A Very Early Hundred Year Old Daybill Display

HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Daybills plastered on a Port Macquarie N.S.W. Australia building circa 1918. Close up images of the posters isn't great, but I was able to make out three of the poster titles. One is I believe is to to be the first image sighted of a serial film. Following are the best images of three of the films that I have been able to identify and to locate U.S.A. material for these rare titles, just to give you an idea on some details regarding the films.

The Make-Believe Wife ( 1918 ) starring Billie Burke who we all know and fondly remember as playing Glinda in The Wizard Of Oz ( 1939 ).

The Mystery Girl ( 1918 ) and The Silent Mystery ( 1918 ) a very early serial from the first decade of serials. 

Lawrence

Comments