Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Message to today's idiot Ebayer

DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,298 admin
edited September 6 in eBay Scallywags
I've credited it. Next time, read the description
- if the seller's store is called Vintage Movie Posters
- and if the picture of the goods you are buying shows a movie poster
- and the description of the item you are buying says "For Sale: An original US 1 Sheet movie poster for the movie...."

then chances are, it's a movie poster you've just bought not the DVD!

David

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    This drives me nuts.  Especially when the description says ROLLED or FOLDED right.
    If they don't notice anything else, do they not think HMMMM How do you get a rolled or folded DVD???
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,298 admin
    Yup...the description also said:

Condition: Very Good – Fine; Folded

David
  • JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    I get these occasionally. 

I think that ebay contributes to the problem. The buyer searches for DVD's and the search comes up with all sorts of unrelated options. The other contributing factor is when people use a mobile phone to search and bid. The ebay site is not that easy to navigate on a phone and I guess people sometimes just make mistakes.

Having said that, I cant understand why a buyer would just go ahead and purchase what they think is a video or a DVD without first checking to see if there is a region code and what sort of DVD it supposedly is. If they did that basic check they would realise it is a poster.

John

Message: "I bought a poster and haven't had any notification it has been sent..."

Answer: "You bought the poster at 2:15am, I was asleep at the time, I couldn't get to it - I apologise. Within 24 hours of me waking up and viewing the order it was packed and sent, you will have tracking advice by now."

"Enjoy"
    David
  • 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    David said:
    Message: "I bought a poster and haven't had any notification it has been sent..."

Answer: "You bought the poster at 2:15am, I was asleep at the time, I couldn't get to it - I apologise. Within 24 hours of me waking up and viewing the order it was packed and sent, you will have tracking advice by now."

"Enjoy"
    If that guy buys from me, he'd probably had a stroke or something. I usually ship once a week (when I sell something)...
    edited November 23
    Here's another one …

I sold a poster yesterday that was described as Original Daybill Movie poster in the title and description

I sent it yesterday. The buyer was notified that it had been sent.

The buyer just sent me this message …

Dear Seller,
    I actually thought I was buying the dvd, not a poster. Please cancel my order as I don't need a poster. I'm very sorry for the mistake.

I do understand that mistakes can be made but I could end up having to refund the buyer and lose money on the postage that I have already spent plus return postage.
    Post edited by John on
    John

edited November 23
    The ebayer is not from Darwin are they? Same thing happened to me...
    David
    No, buyer is from NSW.  
    John

Can you tell me what the dimension are?

Yes, same as the ones in the description
    David
    David said:
    Can you tell me what the dimension are?

Yes, same as the ones in the description