Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to poster restoration books

PiercarloPiercarlo Member Posts: 1 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
I have been a vintage poster collector for some time and a couple of times in the past I have  tried linen backing and basic  restoration with mixed success.
I was wondering if there is any book around on how to restore vintage posters.
Thanks

Comments

• MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,451 admin
    Welcome Pier!

I don't think there are any books on backing, just a few articles here and there. You'll probably find more information on this forum than anywhere else.

https://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/categories/restoration
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,370 admin
    Piercarlo said:
    I have been a vintage poster collector for some time and a couple of times in the past I have  tried linen backing and basic  restoration with mixed success.
    I was wondering if there is any book around on how to restore vintage posters.
    Thanks
    Hello Pier, and welcome to the VMPF! I/we would love to see some of your examples! Mixed success means your having some success! Very few post their work so it’d be really enjoyable to see pieces! 

Matt’s got you pointed in the right direction. It really is all there in the many different categories. I know of no book. A few videos online but nothing comprehensive. I would also suggest going to the American Institute of Conservation-Book and Paper group-they have multiple chapter that have methods for paper treatments. I read/researched for at least 6-9 months before I bought any supplies. 

Post some pics and we’ll start seeing what’s going on.