Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Woot! Santa is coming!

Merry Christmas!

My Fundraising Efforts

DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,285 admin
edited July 2014 in Everything Random!

I've been in training and have just joined an official team, feel free to sponsor! All for a good cause.

David

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,285 admin
    Matty...very kind, thanks.
    David
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,197 admin
    It's a good cause, one of previous neighbours had MS. She would see me in the kitchen from her window and wave to me to come outside. We'd have a chat over the fence. I loved it. On the odd occasion she would pass over a meal that she cooked the night before. She'd say she cooked too much. She was a liar.

She was just a damn fine sweet girl. 

Sandy's sister(Belinda's other daughter) hopefully is still with her and her partner.
    Had an uncle with it, and a long time work colleague, both amazingly nice people.
    David
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 913 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I matched what Matt gave. One of my very best employees has MS, and he is also a wonderful person.
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
    edited July 2014
    Thank-you Bruce, sincerely, very generous.
    David
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,374 admin
    Nice Bruce!

That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    Well that is that. The ride is over, for those who don't FB me here's my report:

A 15-20kph head wind almost all the way - the first 6km hill was tough but a mere warm up for the next hill, a diabolical 12km and the final 10km hill (which I swear was straight up) almost broke me.

A tough ride but enjoyable ride.

The aim was to do it in under 3:30, which I did and now I know the ride, next year and hopefully with little or no head wind, shave at least 15 minutes off that.

You can see my ride stats here: http://www.strava.com/activities/214404873

Here's our little squad, for many it was our first time doing this charity event, I think we all agreed we'd love to do it again next year.

We were part of the even bigger SBS/Broadcast Australia team, the organisers of this team (with 150+ riders) really did look after us in terms of the great uniform and massive behind the scenes effort (massive!). We were all very proud to wear the uniform and we hope the money we all raised helps the charity MS Australia (multiple sclerosis) - total money raised thus far $2.7M, with our SBS/BA team raising over $100,000

So here we are...80+km later, still able to smile, that said, the smile muscles weren't used much during the ride.

David
    So, how much weight have you lost now? Looking pretty fit there old timer.
    Awww, you noticed. :)

Lost just over 10kg this year (about 22lb), been a few years time since I was under 100kg, still heading south with that weight loss too - lucky I didn't throw out those old tight clothes, 'cause they are my new clothes again!
    David