Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

When nobody wants to post thread....

1464748495052»

Comments

• rockabilly777rockabilly777 Member Posts: 403 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    The potatoes look great. I'm not sure I'd be using that spoon though.  :s
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    edited April 30
    I was lucky enough to see a This Gun for Hire richardson daybill in person! Jaw dropping! 
    If only if it was available  for sale! 
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Sven said:
    I was lucky enough to see a This Gun for Hire richardson daybill in person! Jaw dropping! 
    If only if it was available  for sale! 
    😯😯😯
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

Jim Carrey's impersonation of James Stewart is so funny!

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Finally opened a few packages for some rolled posters on ebay today.
    Reminded me why I pretty much don't buy from amateurs anymore...FFS!
    edited May 15
    Hi guys im nterested to know which is more popular to collect ; Inserts or Half Sheets ?

Do you think  there are collectors who only collect  either inserts  OR half sheets? 
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,397 admin
    I think inserts are more popular but as to collectors who only collect one or the other, Bruce would have an idea.
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 946 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Inserts are slightly more popular, likely because there are more places on more walls to hang them.

But both lag FAR behind one-sheets.
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    edited May 15
    Bruce said:
    Inserts are slightly more popular, likely because there are more places on more walls to hang them.

That's interesting Bruce because with Australian posters, I find that one sheets lag far behind daybills in terms of popularity. I think Australian collectors tend to overlook one sheets and I often hear people say that they are only interested in daybills.
    John

• BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 946 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited May 16
    John said:
    Bruce said:

That's interesting Bruce because with Australian posters, I find that one sheets lag far behind daybills in terms of popularity. I think Australian collectors tend to overlook one sheets and I often hear people say that they are only interested in daybills.
    I completely agree, John. I think this is like the difference between British Quads and English one-sheets. I think that most Australian one-sheets and English one-sheets were sent to Canada and other English speaking countries, and that, back home, most Australian cinemas used daybills, and most English cinemas used quads, and that Australian and English collectors prefer posters like what they saw at theaters growing up.

And in America, after 1960 most theaters used one-sheets, and few used inserts or half-sheets, which would explain why most U.S. collectors prefer one-sheets for those movies.
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html