Skip to content

Help Wanted

I'm trying to get an approximate date of release of an old poster. It has a snipe on it for Monday March 12th

There was a website that showed every year for the last 100 years that had a date of Monday March 12th but the link I had seems to have changed and I now cant find it. Does anyone know of a way of easily finding this information? 

Comments

• Well now David share for the rest of us mate ;)
  • I used to know a site like that. Pretty cool to date window cards. Can't remember the address. Dave?
  • There's a few of those sites just google it. You'll need to know the approximate date as there's a seven or so year cycle..
  • Also, if you want to use your slide rule:

The formula is (d + m + y + \left\lfloor\frac{y}{4}\right\rfloor + c) \bmod 7, where:

• d is the day of the month,
    • m is the month's number in the months table,
    • y is the last two digits of the year, and
    • c is the century number.
    For a modern Gregorian date, this is 6 if the first two digits of the year are evenly divisible by 4, and subsequent centuries are 4-2-0 (so the century numbers for 2000, 2100, 2200, and 2300 are respectively 6, 4, 2, and 0).

For an old Julian date, this is 6 for 1200, and subsequent centuries subtract 1 until 0, when the next century is 6 (so 1300 is 5, and 1100 is 0).

If the result is 0, the date was a Sunday; if 1 it was a Monday, and so on through the week until 6 = Saturday.
  • I'm guessing David has nothing to do today....
  • Paul said:
    I'm guessing David has nothing to do today....

=))
  • Ain't that the truth