Skip to content

It's official!

edited October 2015 in Welcome
We have officially hit the milestone of 200 members, well actually we have 201 - since we started just over a year ago we have had almost 600 sign ups but some are spam bots or human spammers so they get their asses kicked at the door.

As is the way, most of our members are lurkers, this is normal - they say less than 5% of a membership regularly contribute, the rest consume. So to all those who lurk, thanks for being part of it, we're happy you're here, we're glad we have something to share, and as much as we'd like you to have a chat equally, we're just as happy if you sit quietly and enjoy. And yes, we know they're here as the forum sees some 40,000 - 50,000 page views per month.

Now, where's our cake?

Comments

• Yes yes thanks everyone!
  • Are you able to let us know membership by country? I would guess most would be from Australia but it would be interesting to see a breakup.

• @John

No not really as email addresses don't always indicate country and we don't keep/get that sort of info. The member's map where members can 'pin' their location is optional (click your Avatar to see the member's map)
  • Congrats VMPF founders/members! 

my 2 cents...glad you allow lurkers. Some just like to read/digest/learn. Glad the other 5% is so noisy!  ;)   =)
  • We've got a few Canadians and Americans to counter those dirty bogans...  Free VB to those lurkers who confess by midnight!
  • And that cockney from the UK...
  • Don't forget our lone Argie...
  • David said:
    Don't forget our lone Argie...
    That scoundrel is still here?!  Thought we whacked him
  • What about the Smoggie from the UK? 
  • CSM said:
    David said:
    Don't forget our lone Argie...
    That scoundrel is still here?!  Thought we whacked him
    He bunkered down
  • I'm pretty ferkin busy, you bastards!
  • How's that poster room coming along Matias?
  • edited October 2015
    Walls are all up, my constructor took a few days off to finish another job. I guess I'll do the wiring now and next thing is the roof, then the windows, then floor and then finish the small details
  • It's going not pretty fast, but I'm cool...
  • Sounds good!
  • You know we like pics Matias...
  • Will do, will do
  • Is that the roof about 2/3ds up? if so are you having an out-door area above?
  • Ummm, you forgot to put a door...
  • Coming along quite nicely!

• Charlie said:
    Ummm, you forgot to put a door...
    The riot squad tend to come in through the skylight
  • Paul said:
    Is that the roof about 2/3ds up? if so are you having an out-door area above?
    That's what we call "encadenado" Paul, not sure how you call it there -literal translation is "fettered". It is an iron and concrete structure that keeps the whole perimeter of the walls and the columns together.

• Charlie said:
    The 2 rooms are in the back of the house, so the door will have to be cut off the wall once the rooms have the roof and the windows finished.
    Something like this:

• David said:
    Charlie said:
    The riot squad tend to come in through the skylight
    Those bastards.... =)
  • 110x75 said:
    Paul said:
    Is that the roof about 2/3ds up? if so are you having an out-door area above?
    That's what we call "encadenado" Paul, not sure how you call it there -literal translation is "fettered". It is an iron and concrete structure that keeps the whole perimeter of the walls and the columns together.

What happens above that? as your building on top of it also?
  • Nothing happens. We planned the house to be formed by a series of cubical modules,. Those 5 extra rows of bricks are there just so you can't see the tilted roof and give the illusion of a cube.
  • I see, Thanks Matias..
  • edited December 2015
    Well things are moving along nicely here at the OK Coral, for the numbers geeks in all of us it looks like we'll hit over 750,000 page views this month since opening, which is great considering we are still building.

There will be a door prize for the 750,000th page view - the winner can step forward when the buzzer goes off to collect.

Also this month we may even hit 250 signed up (non spam) members.

And finally, and although I am sure no one will care about these numbers :p here they are

Active UsersComments
    David3,133
    HONDO2,867
    Charlie1,564
    Matt1,562
    Eisenhower1,382
    CSM1,242
    theartofmovieposters1,069
    Sven817
    Paul563
    John497

Badges are in the mail...