Skip to content

Actresses Legs Quiz

Image # 1. Name the actress and film. A new quiz that will either sink or swim so let's see how it fares. An easy one to start procedures to encourage participation.

Comments

• Marilyn Monroe from Seven Year itch 

Btw good quiz topic!
  • Sven said:
    Marilyn Monroe from Seven Year itch 

Btw good quiz topic!

Yes Marilyn Monroe from The Seven Year Itch ( 1955 ) is correct. Thanks Sven for your comment. Encouraging start.
  •                                                    Image # 2. Name the film title.
  • I like where this is going...
  • Sex sell

As long as it's not just daybills, then everyone can have a play...
  • edited December 2015
                                                                                            Image # 3. Name the film title. Image sourced from a U.S. poster. Someone should get this one.
  • #3 Moon over Miami
  • And i think im wrong now that i give those legs another look
  • Sven said:
    #3 Moon over Miami
    Sven said:
    And i think im wrong now that i give those legs another look
    You are on the right track.

• Betty Grable's gams....Sweet Rosie O'Grady (1943)

• Correct .Once referred to as having the best legs in Hollywood. Betty  Grable once insured  her legs for $1 million which was a fortune in those days.
  • HONDO said:
                                                       Image # 2. Name the film title.

Seeing the Australian artwork appears to br different from the U.S.artwork I believe a few clues are needed.

The actress has appeared in a one woman show on stage. The film nearly sank a major film studio.

• Image # 4. Name the film title. Similar artwork to U.S. paper and the legs are older than you probably would think.
  • edited December 2015
                                                                    Image # 5.Name the film title. Image Taken of a U.S. poster.
  • Not enough to go on here...  Too hard, phone battery is dying and EMP servers crashing from daybill searches... :(
  • edited December 2015
    #5 - Cyd Charisse (sexy, sexy and sexy)

Silk Stockings (1957) Window Card - does not do her legs justice

Love this (this music was not in the original)

• edited December 2015
    Lawrence i was thinking if members were still stuck after clues you could zoom out of the image a little and then one final zoom out?  Will increase the hits and bit of fun
  • Sven said:
    Lawrence i was thinking if members were still stuck after clues you could zoom out of the image a little and then one final zoom out?  Will increase the hits and bit of fun
    Agreed. Esp in the War quiz...my favorite...or year clues?...
  • Yep Mark Year would be good also
  • HONDO said:
    Image # 4. Name the film title. Similar artwork to U.S. paper and the legs are older than you probably would think.

1950s and back at the studio that made her a star,
  •  Image # 2. Does this help ?
  • David said:
    #5 - Cyd Charisse (sexy, sexy and sexy)

Silk Stockings (1957) Window Card - does not do her legs justice

Love this (this music was not in the original)

Correct. A musical remake of Ninotchka ( 1939 ).
  •  Image # 6. Name the film title. This actress looked great when  filmed in colour ( as well as black and white ) and this film was released  in the 1950s.
  • Virginia Mayo

She's Working Her Way Through College (1952) aka She's Got Rhythm 

• Correct. The image I posted for # 6 was from the Australian daybill titled She's Got Rhythm.
  • 2: Shirley Maclaine - Sweet Charity
  • Always loved the Silk Stocking daybill...
  • 2: Shirley Maclaine - Sweet Charity

Yes it is Shirley MacLaine from Sweet Charity released in 1969.
  • Always loved the Silk Stocking daybill...

Love to see a nice clear image of the daybill. Ves would you mind ?
  • We still have image # 4 to solve. A major star from the Golden Years Of Hollywood.