Skip to content

Clint Eastwood Movie Challenge...

So I joined up over on the clinteastwood.org forum for kicks and they are having an Eastwood Movie Watching Challenge.  If you guys are interested...  I also proposed a cross forum movie night. If you guys think that is a good idea I can attempt to coordinate with their moderators...

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=10245.0

Comments

• Here is their list.  Their mod is down for a cross forum deal.  Just need to pick a movie.  Or maybe we do two - one live over there and one live here.

WK#DatesMovie #1Movie #2Bonus Movie
    WK 1         1/25 - 1/31       A Fistful of DollarsFor A Few Dollars More           
    WK 2     2/01 - 2/07The Good, The Bad & The Ugly     Hang 'em HighThe Witches
    WK 3   2/08 - 2/14Coogan's BluffWhere Eagles Dare
    WK 4     2/15 - 2/21Paint Your Wagon* (see below)CATCH UP
    WK 5     2/22 - 2/28Kelly's HeroesTwo Mules for Sister Sara
    WK 62/29 - 3/06The BeguiledPlay Misty For Me
    WK 73/07 - 3/13Dirty HarryJoe Kidd
    WK 83/14 - 3/20High Plains DrifterBreezy
    WK 93/21 - 3/27Magnum ForceCATCH UP
    WK 103/28 - 4/03Thunderbolt & LightfootThe Eiger Sanction
    WK 114/04 - 4/10The Outlaw Josey WalesThe Enforcer
    WK 124/11 - 4/17The GauntletEvery Which Way But Loose
    WK 134/18 - 4/24Escape from AlcatrazBronco Billy
    WK 144/25 - 5/01Any Which Way You CanCATCH UP
    WK 155/02 - 5/08FirefoxHonkytonk Man
    WK 165/09 - 5/15Sudden ImpactCity Heat
    WK 175/16 - 5/22TightropePale RiderAmazing Stories S01, E12: "Vanessa In The Garden"
    WK 185/23 - 5/29Heartbreak RidgeThe Dead Pool
    WK 195/30 - 6/05BirdCATCH UP
    WK 206/06 - 6/12Pink CadillacWhite Hunter, Black Heart
    WK 216/13 - 6/19The RookieUnforgiven
    WK 226/20 - 6/26In the Line of FireA Perfect World
    WK 236/27 - 7/03The Bridges of Madison CountyCATCH UP
    WK 247/04 - 7/10Absolute PowerMidnight in the Garden of Good & Evil
    WK 257/11 - 7/17True CrimeSpace Cowboys
    WK 267/18 - 7/24Blood WorkMystic RiverPiano Blues
    WK 277/25 - 7/31Million Dollar BabyCATCH UP
    WK 288/01 - 8/07Flags of our FathersLetters from Iwo Jima
    WK 298/08 - 8/14ChangelingGran Torino
    WK 308/15 - 8/21InvictusHereafter
    WK 318/22 - 8/28J. EdgarTrouble with the Curve
    WK 328/29 - 9/04Jersey BoysCATCH UP
    WK 339/05 - 9/11American SniperSully (In Theaters)

Paint Your Wagon Drinking Game Movie Night will be Sunday, 2/21/16 at 4:00 PM ET. If you can't join us for Movie Night, try to watch it on your own that week anyway.
  • Yep, we're just getting into it over there--it'd be great if anyone else wants to join! :)
  • Sounds like a bit of fun, although I just watched quite a few of them just recently (well at least 10).
  • If I'm available to watch i'd join in. Just finished watching Drifter & Josey Wales recently. 
  • Great! And feel free to jump in anytime you can, even if you can't or don't want to watch them all. It's been ages since I've seen a lot of the movies, so I'm going to try to do them all.
  • Just finished Fistful of Dollars...
  • Happy enough to watch Paint Your Wagon again, just so I can annoy my wife by singing along with Lee Marvin.
  • I'd be in, if only I had the time!  Some of his earlier ones I have watched in years!

Space Cowboys and Heartbreak Ridge were on telly the other week, so had them on in the background while doing other things...does that count? ;)

• So here is the link to the eastwood forum's movie night.  The best part is that it includes a drinking game!

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=10310.msg226529#msg226529
  • Charlie said:
    The best part is that it includes a drinking game!

We figured it would help us get through that movie!
  • I like the movie but...WTF?! A drinking game with pizza at 6am on a Monday morning?
  • That does suck for all of you in Australia. But, what the hell? Why not?
  • I watched all the CEF movie nights over two cups of coffee.
  • Wes_Block said:
    That does suck for all of you in Australia. But, what the hell? Why not?
    No I mean being Aussies we would be wondering why we have to wait 2 hours before we can start...
  • David said:
    Wes_Block said:
    No I mean being Aussies we would be wondering why we have to wait 2 hours before we can start...
    So, Matt isn't the only clever one here.  ;)
  • Figured I'd give a last call here for the Eastwood Movie Challenge over on www.clinteastwood.org/forums

As Charlie posted above, we're watching all of the Clint Eastwood acted in and/or directed in movies, starting with A Fistful of Dollars right up to the theater release of Sully in September. It's about 8 months of Clint Eastwood, two movies per week. We have over 20 people participating, and we've had some great discussion threads about the films.  This is a really fun way to watch some of the movies that you've either never seen, or haven't seen in years, with an opportunity to discuss them all with people who are watching them with you at the same time, while everything is still fresh in mind. We're also making new friends, and just having fun.

Although the Challenge will be open the entire length of the Challenge to anyone who wants to join, I call this "Last Call" because once we get past the Paint Your Wagon drinking game movie night, it will be hard to catch up to everyone and do the complete Challenge. Although the idea of keeping up with everyone and doing the Full Challenge is more for bragging rights and personal fulfillment (I know what you're thinking... we have weak goals in life, but just stay with me here) there will be small prizes to anyone who completes the full challenge and who is willing to share their mailing address with me.

So, if you're interested in joining in, I'd recommend doing it right away before it gets too much later.  Here's a thread talking about the Challenge:  http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=10245.0

Here's the Week 1 thread on A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars Morehttp://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=10259.0

Here's the Week 2 thread on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Hang 'em Highhttp://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=10292.0

And this week's thread:  Week 3  Coogan's Bluff and Where Eagles Darehttp://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=10302.0

Again, I'll emphasize you can jump in at ANY TIME, you don't have to catch up. But, if you don't do the full challenge, you just won't get the very tiny prize and bragging rights. I know, you're all broken up about that man's rights.

Sorry, Harry Callahan escapes me sometimes. I should have used that name instead of Wes Block.

Anyway, hope you'll join us.

• Wes_Block said:
    David said:
    Wes_Block said:
    So, Matt isn't the only clever one here.  ;)
    Big call on both points. ;) 

• Sorry, Harry Callahan escapes me sometimes. I should have used that name instead of Wes Block.

It can be changed...ask Admin or our IT man @Matt