Skip to content

February 2016

124»

Comments

• And I also bought that one: Close encounters of the third kind (belgian release)

• I think I'd prefer the Premier type of Rencountres in Belgium...  Nice!
  • Charlie said:

Brazilian...

Nice Halloween, Charlie. Clean look to it. 

• All done up...much nicer now :)

Cool memorabilia Ves!  :)

• Paul said:
    Classic Z movie, couldn't resist it, had the 8mm film when I was a kid, yes a silent version..  I think that made it better as we added our own soundtrack.

Great artwork! What year is it? 50's?
  • HONDO said:

Something different about this poster I have just noticed. What is unusual about it?

I posted the above question three days ago but nobody seemed interested enough to comment or enquire about. Ties in with the above question.

• HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Something different about this poster I have just noticed. What is unusual about it?

I posted the above question three days ago but nobody seemed interested enough to comment or enquire about. Ties in with the above question.

Interesting Hondo - so what's your thinking here Re: the year the poster was printed?
  • There is something unusual about this poster. It may be a first release poster from the 1950s but there is also a possibility it is a re-release and even possibly from the 1960's. A question directed to Paul is- ''is there a date anywhere on the poster?'' There appears to be nothing on the front at least and I doubt there would be anything on the back of the quad but I need to ask. The British 8 x 10's also have no year identification details as well on them. Once I hear back from Paul I will comment further.
  • You see the birds head unlike other posters.
  •  Doesn't look anything like this does It ?
  • Nope! Well lawrence excited you are sharing a acquisition with us!  
  • Sven said:
    Nope! Well lawrence excited you are sharing a acquisition with us!  
    Sorry to disappoint but the image I posted was discovered by me recently on a website when doing some research. It is taken off an Australian one sheet which I had never sighted previously.
  • Sexy Charlie! (her not you)

Nice clean Close Encounters!
  • I like this one, much nice than the daybill for the same title.

• Sensational Rick! I just compared the daybill and the one sheet has far better artwork and detail of the monster and people..congrats and a big consolation for not winning wicker man
  • Great poster Rick and another 50's sci fi that's tri folded.
  • Matt said:
    Great poster Rick and another 50's sci fi that's tri folded.
    It it unusual for aussi one sheets to be trifolded from 1950s?? Thanks!

• Paul said:
    Classic Z movie, couldn't resist it, had the 8mm film when I was a kid, yes a silent version..  I think that made it better as we added our own soundtrack.

Great artwork! What year is it? 50's?
    There is a distinct possibility this quad is a re-issue poster possibly from the early 1960s.
  • edited February 2016
    Sorry, missed that post..

Yes it's an early 60's re-release. I've never seen a first release Quad for this title..  The Eros logo gives this one away.

That's the chew with UK stuff Lawrence, nothing is dated, so it's all detective work... 

And First rate pick up Rick, very nice.
  • Whoa! That artwork is really good! Nice!
  • Another great RKO daybill design. Interestingly the rating is shown as Only Suitable For Adults and not the normal Suitable Only For Adults. A rarity Reggie.
  • Nice one!  
  • Paul said:
    As you fellows know I haven't bought much of late, so thought I would treat myself with this one..

Wow!
  • Sven said:
    A few new ones and some more images to come. Have not had the kid free time to take images for all.

Firstly, big thanks to David for Montana Bell, I'll get a pic up shortly, it needs some Dario love, but its a beauty of Jane!!

Welcome to Club Awesome sir!

• All done up...much nicer now :)

Very cool Ves